Favourite post-Shearer number 9

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dunno how anyone gave a fuck enough about the team/club with Rondon in it tbh.

Picked Martins, because he was a fuckin laugh and could smash the ball geet hard. Could accept Cisse, but even Cisse is poisoned by being an Ashley era player.

The feeling I had when Carroll was going through that spell is unmatched to this day. Having watched him come into his own through the Championship season, then given the shirt and all the questions about weather he could hack it at this level after that first Monday night game against Man U. From the moment the 1st went in against Villa until the January deadline was amazing. When he was lined up for the anthems after getting his England debut I was proud and I’m neither a Geordie nor English.

The question was number 9 though, so should it just be about the position? Think it’s a bit ambiguous.

The poll only features people who have actually worn it...

In fairness, Ba's shirt did have a number 9 on it. Hehe

Went for Cisse. Looking back, that half season Carroll produced was a magical time to be a NUFC supporter. A local no. 9 pretty much being the best striker in the league - unplayable in the air, decent acceleration, strength, scoring from distance and poking them in, brilliant in the hold up. I really thought it was the start of something. It should have been the start of something. The day he was sold was probably the bitterest I've felt as a NUFC supporter, relegations included. Shame Ba never got the 9.

Went for Cisse. Looking back, that half season Carroll produced was a magical time to be a NUFC supporter. A local no. 9 pretty much being the best striker in the league - unplayable in the air, decent acceleration, strength, scoring from distance and poking them in, brilliant in the hold up. I really thought it was the start of something. It should have been the start of something. The day he was sold was probably the bitterest I've felt as a NUFC supporter, relegations included. Shame Ba never got the 9.

Good post. I’m having a hard time choosing between Carroll and Cisse.