Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Also Wilson's got that proper centre forward 'I'm the main man' ego about him (in a good way). The massive media wankfest about Isak will bring out the best in him.

1 minute ago, Checko said:

Also Wilson's got that proper centre forward 'I'm the main man' ego about him (in a good way). The massive media wankfest about Isak will bring out the best in him.

Their little battle to be "the man" basically turned last season round after the cup final threatened to derail it.

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Being able to get Isak off and rested for the last 15/20 mins of games will really be a big help as he’s constantly knackered by that point.

Off the top of my head I can’t remember him scoring from open play in the last 20 mins of a game he’s started in.

Aye have noticed that, unsure whether that's just his fitness limit, or if it's because he's had many recurring injuries since being here and he hasn't been able to have a solid length of time to get as fit as a Gordon etc

5 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Aye have noticed that, unsure whether that's just his fitness limit, or if it's because he's had many recurring injuries since being here and he hasn't been able to have a solid length of time to get as fit as a Gordon etc

And constantly having to flog himself for 90+ mins every week due to lack of viable alternatives doesn’t help. 

Positive. Stays fit, all to gain for both parties. One, he needs and wants to perform to put himself in frame of a new deal here or elsewhere, and two, we get to rest Isak or try a different option if opposition have got Isak number. 

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Positive. Stays fit, all to gain for both parties. One, he needs and wants to perform to put himself in frame of a new deal here or elsewhere, and two, we get to rest Isak or try a different option if opposition have got Isak number. 

:yao:

Pretty sure I read on here at the time of his injury that he was done with NUFC and was making absolutely no effort to get himself fit again. :lol: 

Glad to see him back, this is a huge boost for our European push. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Pretty sure I read on here at the time of his injury that he was done with NUFC and was making absolutely no effort to get himself fit again. :lol: 

Based on every interview etc I have ever seen he seems extremely driven and professional.

Just now, Slim said:

Based on every interview etc I have ever seen he seems extremely driven and professional.

Yeah I knew it was bullshit at the time. Must go back and see if I can find it. 

Just now, Decky said:

Yeah I knew it was bullshit at the time. Must go back and see if I can find it. 

Wasn't it Joel Bland on twitter? Or someone like that. Remember thinking it could be safely ignored.

1 hour ago, janpawel said:

He always gasses not long after an hour. He needs to improve on his conditioning.

Biggest boost for me (with the games not coming as regularly) is having the option of throwing him on up top alongside Isak if we need a goal like they did against Fulham last season. Would be nice to actually be able to change things up if required.

Also if he can stay fit and grab a goal or two we may have an easier job getting a decent fee for him in the summer if we decide to sell. 

10 minutes ago, 80 said:

Wasn't it Joel Bland on twitter? Or someone like that. Remember thinking it could be safely ignored.

Yep. :thup: This Joel Bland is obviously the biggest joker on Twitter for NUFC news is he?

40 minutes ago, Decky said:

Was that Joel Bland account on Twitter that said that. Then he majorly backtracked. I’ve since blocked him. 

5 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Was that Joel Bland account on Twitter that said that. Then he majorly backtracked. I’ve since blocked him. 

Yeah I posted the tweet a couple of posts up there. The man is a complete bullshit merchant. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Yeah I posted the tweet a couple of posts up there. The man is a complete bullshit merchant. 

He gets flack but he has been ahead of every other journalist, Joelinton being injured (not the current injury the previous one) and I think he broke the Livra out injury.

Although I think our journlists must have a success rate of less than 30% between them

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

I don't think we can really lose with Wilson. If we can get a decent fee it will go towards signing a replacement as I don't think we can afford to give him another contract with his fitness issues. If he stays...well he is still a top marksman if he's in good health.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Joel Bland needs shooting into the sun with a cannon, the worthless shithouse.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Joel Bland needs shooting into the sun with a cannon, the worthless shithouse.

To be fair this is true for itks, YouTube knackas and the actual new press