Callum Wilson

Strawberry

18 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Bit early to write off Willock imo. He's been prone to injuries, but only since his first fairly lengthy injury at the very end of the 22/23 season, and has picked up a number of different injuries since then. When that happens, I feel like I've read somewhere that it often means that a player has not properly rehabilitated when other parts of the body gets injured as they are trying to compensate for lack of mobility/strength in the area that was originally injured.

If he and the medical team get his rehabilitation right, I hope and think he can still overcome it.

Agree. I don't think that him getting the achilles injury while recovering from a hamstring was a coincidence, especially when you consider his injury history before the hamstring.

Edited by Erikse

7 hours ago, Erikse said:

Agree. I don't think that him getting the achilles injury while recovering from a hamstring was a coincidence, especially when you consider his injury history before the hamstring.

Isn’t that Willock and Targett that have had Achilles after hamstring? If so that is no coincidence and has to be recovery programme and reintroduction.

Just checked. Yes Targett and Willock same! Achilles done after recovery from hamstring injury! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

23 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Why not? They’re both class when fit, but not often enough fit as to be reliable to be considered first XI options imo.

Because Wilson has had 92 different injuries, Willock has had 1 with a few set backs. No even close to being the same

I hope Eddie starts making more use of Osula so we can see what he can do. If he can produce a few good performances then we can forget about Wilson if and when he's ready to start contributing,

Just now, TRon said:

I hope Eddie starts making more use of Osula so we can see what he can do. If he can produce a few good performances then we can forget about Wilson if and when he's ready to start contributing,

I’d love to see him come on for 20 mins or so towards the end of games to preserve Isak’s spaghetti legs. I’m sure we’ll see him. Just a case of which year? [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

He will start against the cock wombles won’t he ? 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

He will eventually, we know eddies style - he’ll start coming on after 75 minutes in about half way through the season then that’ll move up to the 60th minute mark for next season.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Might be reading too much into it but didn't like seeing strapping around Isaks leg/knee in that training video. We need to be realistic with his mins or we gonna end up without both Isak and Wilson. Hopefully Osula can start getting just some sub mins to ease the burden. 

4 hours ago, nufcjmc said:

Might be reading too much into it but didn't like seeing strapping around Isaks leg/knee in that training video. We need to be realistic with his mins or we gonna end up without both Isak and Wilson. Hopefully Osula can start getting just some sub mins to ease the burden. 

That's why I'm a bit surprised Howe isn't taking Isak off a bit earlier to save his legs. But I guess we haven't really had any matches where the result has been secured to afford us to do that in all fairness.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's why I'm a bit surprised Howe isn't taking Isak off a bit earlier to save his legs. But I guess we haven't really had any matches where the result has been secured to afford us to do that in all fairness.

We haven't been comfortably winning a game yet to do that properly, but I agree with you.

4 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Seems like Osula should go out on loan. I can't imagine him being ready for the Premier League.

WhatchootalkinboutWillis

He made 21 Premier League appearances last season 

Edited by bobbydazzla

12 minutes ago, hakka said:

We haven't been comfortably winning a game yet to do that properly, but I agree with you.

Yes I thought that even while I was typing it out, but we are going to have to get used to the idea of Osula coming on, even if it's for defensive purposes and to give us fresh legs. Better than risking Isak breaking down through overplaying because we don't have confidence in a back up player.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yes I thought that even while I was typing it out, but we are going to have to get used to the idea of Osula coming on, even if it's for defensive purposes and to give us fresh legs. Better than risking Isak breaking down through overplaying because we don't have confidence in a back up player.

Yeah I fully agree mate. Hopefully we start getting 2 up with 15/20 left to allow more of this to happen.

On 15/09/2024 at 14:15, TRon said:

We can say this all we want but we know Howe (and most managers) won't think like this.