Callum Wilson

Strawberry

12 minutes ago, Slim said:

They want 40 mill for 4th choice striker who never gets a game?

Top 6 squad filler tax is wild.

His only qualm here is not being first choice I think. Where is he gonna go that he’ll be first choice? Nowhere that’s challenging for Europe I can think of in the Prem. All teams know they need to manage his minutes too. I’m biased as he’s one of my favourite players for us, but really hope he stays. I trust whatever the club has to do. 

He’s 32 and falling apart. He has 1 year left on his deal and we aren’t going to give him a new one at 33. 

If the club and Wilson have any sense, he’ll go to Saudi on a fat 2 year deal where we can make 10-15m while he still has value. 

ideally you’d keep him as a squad player but Wilson is unlikely to want that given it will impact his ability to negotiate a good deal a year later. We’re also not in a position with FFP to let him go for a free next year and then have to replace him. Far better to sell him this summer and use the money towards replacement. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Slim said:

They want 40 mill for 4th choice striker who never gets a game?

So on one hand they think he’s worth £40m but on the other they value Isak at £83m? Crazy

Edited by Gawalls

1 hour ago, captainhaircut said:

He’s 32 and falling apart. He has 1 year left on his deal and we aren’t going to give him a new one at 33. 

If the club and Wilson have any sense, he’ll go to Saudi on a fat 2 year deal where we can make 10-15m while he still has value. 

ideally you’d keep him as a squad player but Wilson is unlikely to want that given it will impact his ability to negotiate a good deal a year later. We’re also not in a position with FFP to let him go for a free next year and then have to replace him. Far better to sell him this summer and use the money towards replacement. 

Especially that it gives that bit wiggle room in not having to cash in on bigger players.

2 hours ago, captainhaircut said:

He might think he can get a fat last pay day as a free agent next year. He's on a fairly new improved deal here and probably not in a rush to move.

Agree if an unexpected good offer comes in the summer we should do everything in our power to sell. Don't see one coming though.

Yasir needs to tell one of the clubs in SA to bid £20m for him. Not impossible or hard to defend like. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yasir needs to tell one of the clubs in SA to bid £20m for him. Not impossible or hard to defend like. 

It isn’t, not with his goal return and he’s an England international also.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That lad on twitter who gets team news right is saying he may be injured again. 

Aye he “heard” some news that he’s trying to get “confirmed”

I’m sure we’ll get another cryptic tweet when the news has already been broken by one of the actual journalists that cover the club 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That lad on twitter who gets team news right is saying he may be injured again. 

Even if this isnt true, if we are putting him in the shop window no way he should start a game. 20 minutes in each remaining game.

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Aye he “heard” some news that he’s trying to get “confirmed”

I’m sure we’ll get another cryptic tweet when the news has already been broken by one of the actual journalists that cover the club 

I know you aren’t a fan of him, but he named that other sporting director before it broke in the media. He clearly has some inside info.

On 06/05/2024 at 00:13, ryanegg said:

His only qualm here is not being first choice I think. Where is he gonna go that he’ll be first choice? Nowhere that’s challenging for Europe I can think of in the Prem. All teams know they need to manage his minutes too. I’m biased as he’s one of my favourite players for us, but really hope he stays. I trust whatever the club has to do. 

Somewhere like Leicester feels like it would be a good move for him. He'd be a regular starter for a decent sized club who could easily punch above their weight as a newly promoting team.