Callum Wilson

Strawberry

If we can manage his minutes and keep him fit to start the odd game. He is a great option to have. Totally different to Isak in how he plays.

Isak was always dropping off, looking to bring the CB’s (mainly Romero) with him. Which worked a treat in the first half. He also likes to try give and go’s and also dribbling from deep. When it is on, he also looks for the ball in behind and he has the pace to hurt teams. 

Wilson is much more of a target man and physical presence than I ever gave him credit for. When he is fully fit. He seems to relish the physical battle with defenders. Looks to pin them and roll them when they get tight, always a nuisance from long balls, goal kicks etc. I’m sure the first thing he did when he came on was go and look for Romero. Just started hassling him and backing in. Won a few battles against the CB’s in the short time he was on, bought some cheap fouls and got Romero booked. 

They seem a brilliant 1-2 punch to have. Just not sure Wilson will be happy playing a bit part role and not being the main man for the first time in his Prem career. 

58 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

If we can manage his minutes and keep him fit to start the odd game. He is a great option to have. Totally different to Isak in how he plays.

Isak was always dropping off, looking to bring the CB’s (mainly Romero) with him. Which worked a treat in the first half. He also likes to try give and go’s and also dribbling from deep. When it is on, he also looks for the ball in behind and he has the pace to hurt teams. 

Wilson is much more of a target man and physical presence than I ever gave him credit for. When he is fully fit. He seems to relish the physical battle with defenders. Looks to pin them and roll them when they get tight, always a nuisance from long balls, goal kicks etc. I’m sure the first thing he did when he came on was go and look for Romero. Just started hassling him and backing in. Won a few battles against the CB’s in the short time he was on, bought some cheap fouls and got Romero booked. 

They seem a brilliant 1-2 punch to have. Just not sure Wilson will be happy playing a bit part role and not being the main man for the first time in his Prem career. 

Hopefully we'll be playing nearly 60 games next season. He'll get plenty minutes under his belt 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if Wilson starts on Thursday.

I'm guessing so, which worked fine at West Ham so I'm not too worried about it.

Since losing his spot Wilson looks hungry and downright dangerous.

35 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Hopefully we'll be playing nearly 60 games next season. He'll get plenty minutes under his belt 

I think Wilson will be fine with it and at this stage of his career should embrace it tbh, as it probably extends his career. The guy cannot handle being the lead man as his body lets him down too much. This should work out perfectly for him.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think Wilson will be fine with it and at this stage of his career should embrace it tbh, as it probably extends his career. The guy cannot handle being the lead man as his body lets him down too much. This should work out perfectly for him.

Aye, he'd be absolutely mental to want to leave IMO.

He's never played a game in Europe in his whole career, surely he's going to want to be a part of next season at least.

With five subs these days he could carve out a very nice role for himself as a sort of super sub for us for the next few years if he's willing to embrace it.

If you guys get a chance to listen or watch that bit with Ian Wright he talks about a lot of his upbringing, career moves, etc. once you give that some time you’ll see what I see in that I think. He loves it here, he wants to be our top dog but this is his first chance to add Europe to his story. 

his chemistry with isak on the sub and after match was telling, some proper big brother / little brother vibes. They were smiling and hugging and joking. Cal ain’t a fool.

Edited by Kanji

On 25/04/2023 at 00:22, Kanji said:

If you guys get a chance to listen or watch that bit with Ian Wright he talks about a lot of his upbringing, career moves, etc. once you give that some time you’ll see what I see in that I think. He loves it here, he wants to be our top dog but this is his first chance to add Europe to his story. 

his chemistry with isak on the sub and after match was telling, some proper big brother / little brother vibes. They were smiling and hugging and joking. Cal ain’t a fool.

Nice, that came up on my feed a few times but I haven't watched it, so will look for it now.