Football governance

Nobody

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

Mourinho left due to apparent disagreement over Super League - Harry Kane is rumoured to be handing in a transfer request today too

All going tits up

The only evidence for this is a parody Twitter account

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Tottenham Hotspur are understood to have sacked Jose Mourinho after an ‘explosive' morning where he refused to take players onto the training ground over the club’s proposed European Super League admission. [@thechicoazul] #THFC https://t.co/m8tAEKFWkm

I hope this is true. Fair play.

Just now, triggs said:

To be honest I do genuinely believe Jose would resign over something like this - he seems like the kind of bloke to

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Tottenham Hotspur are understood to have sacked Jose Mourinho after an ‘explosive' morning where he refused to take players onto the training ground over the club’s proposed European Super League admission. [@thechicoazul] #THFC https://t.co/m8tAEKFWkm

The source is a bloke who said Newcastle were joining the Super League yesterday :lol:

1 minute ago, triggs said:

The timing of the sacking, the morning after the ESL announcement, does seem to be too much of a coincidence imo. 

Just now, Scotty66 said:

The rules say its possible though don't they? It's still one hell of a risk just to get what you want in the CL. 

The rules say that to take any action regarding the breaking of these rules has to be voted for by 3/4 of the member clubs, i.e 15 of them.

Because Spurs are in there, that’s the veto. Nothing can be done unless there’s another route we don’t know about yet

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

The rules say that to take any action regarding the breaking of these rules has to be voted for by 3/4 of the member clubs, i.e 15 of them.

Because Spurs are in there, that’s the veto. Nothing can be done unless there’s another route we don’t know about yet

An injunction in the courts.

Or primary legislation.

Or both.

PL need 75% of votes to kick out the clubs, they can’t do this as the 6 clubs hold the decision, unless one breaks away and goes back on it and now becomes PL champions for the next decade. I’d be worried if I were them one of the lesser members stabs them in the back. Would be a genius move to take out your top 5 competitors in one go.

PL could also promote additional teams at the end of the season, tip the vote and it’s bye bye top 6.