Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

I can't stop laughing every time I see the league table and Rangers so far ahead of Celtic. To let your fierce rivals get that far ahead of you after they were virtually idle for over five years and languished in the lower leagues for four; that takes a laughable level of incompetence from top to bottom. Also hilarious how they won’t sack Lennon because he’s a ‘Celtic man’ :lol:

Don't agree with most of this, all eras end at some stage.

Aye, you’re right, but how many would end as quickly when you’ve been in such a advantageous position as Celtic? There’s been basically no competition from 2012 to 2019. This is only the third, arguably second season, of any real competition and they’ve already come tumbling down.

Guest neesy111

I can't stop laughing every time I see the league table and Rangers so far ahead of Celtic. To let your fierce rivals get that far ahead of you after they were virtually idle for over five years and languished in the lower leagues for four; that takes a laughable level of incompetence from top to bottom. Also hilarious how they won’t sack Lennon because he’s a ‘Celtic man’ :lol:

Don't agree with most of this, all eras end at some stage.

Aye, you’re right, but how many would end as quickly when you’ve been in such a advantageous position as Celtic? There’s been basically no competition from 2012 to 2019. This is only the third, arguably second season, of any real competition and they’ve already come tumbling down.

That's true, I think even the likes of Carver could've won titles during that time.  However, a lack of any competition brings in complacency and catches you out at some stage

So what's the problem with Bielsa? The way he plays, the lack of tactical flexibility to adapt to the individual games, or just the players aren't good enough to play the way he wants them to. They will obviously stay up, probably finish mid table, but if they want to kick on and actually challenge for anything, something will have to change.

Guest Howaythetoon

So what's the problem with Bielsa? The way he plays, the lack of tactical flexibility to adapt to the individual games, or just the players aren't good enough to play the way he wants them to. They will obviously stay up, probably finish mid table, but if they want to kick on and actually challenge for anything, something will have to change.

All of that, love watching them play though, they will get picked apart by likes of Mourinho though with the occasional ‘star win’

Well their centre back pairing today was Luke Ayling (a right back) and Pascal Struijk (who's only played 11 games) so I'd say the bolded is true. Don't see what the issue is if they finish mid table on their first season back exactly.

Doubt Bielsa will stay much longer though, maybe another season at a push?

Mackems turned Eze down as a kid, unlucky lads.

did they?! he's so good

Commentator rattled off a few clubs that turned him down after a trial before QPR earlier. Google checks out n all.

Spectacularly shite.

Merson has had to leave the SSN studio because his wife is in labour.

He has said that it’s her due date today, just exactly why did they have him in and why did he decide to come in?

If its his 8th kid I imagine he needs the money

Why do people go on like it's only ok for a promoted team to finish midtable? He can't work miracles but has done and is doing a fantastic job