Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Rashford and Martial are actually painful to watch. So dim-witted.

I know what you mean  but it's mainly Martial.  I'm never sure about him.  Is he good, great, average?  I can never tell.

Rashford and Martial are actually painful to watch. So dim-witted.

I know what you mean  but it's mainly Martial.  I'm never sure about him.  Is he good, great, average?  I can never tell.

Honestly they're both the same person. I feel the exact way you said about Rashford too.

There is so much ability there but my God the opportunities they spurn in fantastic positions is unreal.

Can't imagine what this Man Utd team would be if you switched them out for Sancho and Halaand.

find it so hard watching any other games tonight. fucking demoralised.

really think i'm gonna have to pop a blue pill tonight for our sunday night lovin'. just so pissed off.

find it so hard watching any other games tonight. fucking demoralised.

really think i'm gonna have to pop a blue pill tonight for our sunday night lovin'. just so pissed off.

Same.

Get wuh self over to the Embarrassing Sex Experiences thread. That’s a good remedy.

Another big game Fernandes hasn’t turned up for.

What? :lol: :lol: Defensively brilliant and was always available on the counter, and also scored. Some of the balls with the outside of the foot to release James and Rashford were divine.

Feared the worst today, but fantastic from Ole and the team. The high press shocked City early on, and we were the best side in the second half. Can't remember any clear cut chances really for City, whereas Martial should have buried a third goal for us.

City 21 wins in a row and completely neutralised. De Bruyne nonexistent. Bruno scoring. Couldn't have went any better today to be honest. :lol:

Strange timing after they’ve just beat the best team in the league :lol:

Absolutely bizarre. Away to Man City who have won 21 in a row. He had an excellent game.

Shaw should be starting for England at left back. No doubt. Been amazing this season.

Seemed like City should have got back in it before half time. Game was over before 50. Man U looked comfortable after the Shaw goal and City ran out of steam and ideas.

They’ll still walk the league. But you’d be fuming as a fan! To fuck up your streak like that against your rivals. I yearn for more than a one win/one draw undefeated streak :lol: just a win would be nice.

McTominay is Man U's most important player.  Think he's fantastic.  Solid yet does some great stuff at the other end of the pitch too. Contrast him to Rodri who , in my opinion,  they paid way over the odds. Fred is criminally under rated too. City should be starting Foden every week too.

I completely agree but Fred was woeful today. Still, even when he plays bad he puts himself about and is a nuisance for the opposition. Fred and McTominay is always the go to for big games as they generally tend to nullify the oppositions most dangerous players.

What? :lol: :lol: Defensively brilliant and was always available on the counter, and also scored. Some of the balls with the outside of the foot to release James and Rashford were divine.

Feared the worst today, but fantastic from Ole and the team. The high press shocked City early on, and we were the best side in the second half. Can't remember any clear cut chances really for City, whereas Martial should have buried a third goal for us.

City 21 wins in a row and completely neutralised. De Bruyne nonexistent. Bruno scoring. Couldn't have went any better today to be honest. :lol:

:tobey: :fishing:

Man Utd were as good as City were bad. Might help the latter in the medium term as they’ve looked like they needed a kick up the arse the last couple of games.

Man Utd weren't good either, it's just the same as the Leipzig game earlier in the season where they get to play on the counter. That performance will do nothing for them going forward

Man Utd were as good as City were bad. Might help the latter in the medium term as they’ve looked like they needed a kick up the arse the last couple of games.

Man Utd weren't good either, it's just the same as the Leipzig game earlier in the season where they get to play on the counter. That performance will do nothing for them going forward

I thought they were pretty decent first half even before the game got stretched.

I thought they were pretty decent first half even before the game got stretched.

:thup:

Not sure what triggs is getting at like. What are you expecting us to do when we go to Man City? We always have been a counter attacking team anyway. Fergies teams were built on it.

:thup:

Not sure what triggs is getting at like. What are you expecting us to do when we go to Man City? We always have been a counter attacking team anyway. Fergies teams were built on it.

There's counter attacking and getting completely dominated, which is what the first half was. We've seen it all before, it's the simplest game plan in the game, quiet effective in a specific set of circumstances like today, but will do no good to help any of your issues

We were the better side for the first 10-15 minutes. And if my completely dominated you mean they had all the ball without creating anything then aye we were completely dominated.

The better side won today.

We were the better side for the first 10-15 minutes. And if my completely dominated you mean they had all the ball without creating anything then aye we were completely dominated.

The better side won today.

Well done. 11 points behind and it'll be the same story next season unless there's a big change to the approach

Also football is different now to Ferguson's time. The lesser team in a game defends with 11 men behind the ball for the whole game in most games now. I'm sure there was some mad stat going around last season where the amount of games where one team had more than 70/75% of possession had happened more in one or two seasons than in the rest of the years of the EPL combined. Dominant teams win league titles, that's why City are 11 points clear

Also football is different now to Ferguson's time. The lesser team in a game defends with 11 men behind the ball for the whole game in most games now. I'm sure there was some mad stat going around last season where the amount of games where one team had more than 70/75% of possession had happened more in one or two seasons than in the rest of the years of the EPL combined. Dominant teams win league titles, that's why City are 11 points clear

Yeah. To the wrath of many I posted some of the Sky footage from the 0-1 defeat to Man Utd in 1996 in the on this day thread, those covering the game sound taken aback when talking about the fact that we had 61% possession. :lol: Think one of our games under Rafa v Man City ended up with us having 19%.