Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Is it just me who thinks Watford actually have a decent amount about them and might be OK? Sarr and Dennis are 2 of the best attackers in the lower half IMO. Granted they need to sort their defence out but by all accounts they've deserved a lot more than what they've got from recent games.

Clearly, that's from an objective perspective. :lol:

Edited by Neil

Just now, Neil said:

Is it just me who thinks Watford actually have a decent amount about them and might be OK? Sarr and Dennis are 2 of the best attackers in the lower half IMO. Granted they need to sort their defence out but by all accounts they've deserved a lot more than what they've got from recent games.

They are a bit like us really. Some obviously good players going forwards offset by some of the daftest cunts in the league in the other half of the pitch

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

No , they were awful at the back mate 

27 minutes ago, Neil said:

I agree with you and with those glimpses of Watford capabilities against ManU and Everton, they have a feel to be much better than what the table shows and Brentford stealing a win isn't ideal in my opinion. The draw would have been perfect. It would put Brentford +8 from us with one game more played and could easily be drawn back into the relegation fight as they don't seem to play good football. 

Expect them to start having worse performances as the season is heading to its 2nd half.

Edited by Marko NUFC

I'm losing hope Brentford will get dragged in, but if that's the case, great that Watford lost. Also getting more hopeful Watford are crap, after being scared by their Everton and ManU wins. As said, we only need to be above one of them. Great news that if we lose this week we'll still be within 3 points. Hopefully Burnley beat them next week - better to be 3 behind both of them than drop 6 behind Watford (or draw not too bad).

30 minutes ago, GWN said:

No , they were awful at the back mate 

This. Any team having to play Craig Cathcart and Danny Rose in the same back four is on a hiding to nothing. 

Craig Cathcart was shite when Blackpool got relegated years ago.

Danny Rose against Man City was one of the worst ever performance I've ever seen in recent memory. Whilst every other player seemed to try, give a shit etc. and factoring in the playing vs. MC factor - Danny Rose clearly couldn't give a toss; even worse than he ever was when he showed up here.  

Edited by AC Jimbo

3 minutes ago, AC Jimbo said:

This. Any team having to play Craig Cathcart and Danny Rose in the same back four is on a hiding to nothing. 

Craig Cathcart was shite when Blackpool got relegated years ago.

Danny Rose against Man City was one of the worst ever performance I've ever seen in recent memory. Whilst every other player seemed to try, give a shit etc. and factoring in the playing vs. MC factor - Danny Rose clearly couldn't give a toss; even worse than he ever was when he showed up here.  

I didn't think it was so much that he didn't care as he just looks so slow now - I was surprised he got a PL move.

It is the second best result but could work out to be the best one with Brentford winning. So many games to play, most of the teams in the bottom half have squads or managers that could get a couple of decent results together and immediately that changes perspectives for everyone. Just hoping we are one of the teams that gets its shit together and puts a decent winning run together. 

34 minutes ago, toontownman said:

It is the second best result but could work out to be the best one with Brentford winning. So many games to play, most of the teams in the bottom half have squads or managers that could get a couple of decent results together and immediately that changes perspectives for everyone. Just hoping we are one of the teams that gets its shit together and puts a decent winning run together. 

Brentford are 10 points above us and Watford are only 3, don't how that's a second best result tbh.

Brentford are not going down.

39 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I didn't think it was so much that he didn't care as he just looks so slow now - I was surprised he got a PL move.

It's an implication to say he doesn't care, but his pace/energy wasn't the stand out - it was his lack of application. There was a great shot of Bernardo Silva scoring his great goal, where you see Danny Rose in the hazy background. Playing City aside, but the goal came from Rose not switching onto a third man run and getting bent over defensively. He was 30 yards away from Silva when he scored, not even jogging.

Walker and Rose we're undeniable the best few Full/Wingbacks in the world under Poch for a good 12-18months. Kyle Walker is still now one of the best full backs in the world. Danny Rose seems like he's cashing contracts.

When he came here, he did a job - as shit as everyone else, and meh at the best of times - like every other player under Bruce. Since he didn't get his move from Spurs around 2017-2019 (or massive new contract from Levy) he's gone from being one of the best left backs in the world to, simply, being shit.

Everything adds up that Danny Rose couldn't give a flying fuck whether Watford stay up or go down. He's under contract and earning, and when he plays he's getting a appearance bonus.

His attitude was clear to see when he played for us - just earning money, but meh. I wish to never see a character like Rose play for this club again.

He was really reluctant to come here, he only had two loan options IIRC - us and Bournemouth. Comes across really funny in the Spurs documentary series, he’s expecting a move to someone like Milan and still thinks he should be starting for Spurs. 

Have to believe in yourself I suppose. 

8 hours ago, GWN said:

Not a chance , but it was given , unless I’m going nuts he left his foot on the defender 

The defender dived in, the attacker fell over his legs. It’s not a debate because the defender was stupid enough to have his legs there to trip over.

2006 and Fabio Grosso fell over Lucas Neill’s legs to knock Australia out of the World Cup in almost identical circumstances. The world said “That’s football” - so, for me, that penalty has to be given or I’m filthy :lol:

15 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

2006 and Fabio Grosso fell over Lucas Neill’s legs to knock Australia out of the World Cup in almost identical circumstances. The world said “That’s football” - so, for me, that penalty has to be given or I’m filthy :lol:

Fuck I remember that. Heartbreaking stuff. 

9 hours ago, Neil said:

I imagine Sarr and Dennis will both be going to the AFCON in January