Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

Needs to move to go up to the next level, the lad can be world-class. He’s like a Gazza in the way he’s so casual and then bang, bursts of genius.

Guest neesy111

We should sign him if the takeover goes through

Hope you're talking about Grealish and not Bale.

Interesting that a few on here wanted Bale when takeover news first broke out.

Agree he reminds me of Gazza in that respect. He’s a real throwback player, hardly anyone plays that way now

I used to watch your lot (in the flesh) quite a lot when Gascoigne first came through. I absolutely agree, Grealish and Gazza have a lot in common. As well as talent, they both have that bit of arrogance that real flair players have.

It’s weird, if he’s ineffective god knows what our midfield is. It’s not just goals/assist. He’s very good at winning them free kicks, and excellent and transition as he’s able to hold onto the ball and advance.

He's all the good things you want and he dives, just a good player who cheats when he can.

Agree he reminds me of Gazza in that respect. He’s a real throwback player, hardly anyone plays that way now

I used to watch your lot (in the flesh) quite a lot when Gascoigne first came through. I absolutely agree, Grealish and Gazza have a lot in common. As well as talent, they both have that bit of arrogance that real flair players have.

The key difference is Gazza wanted to stay on his feet and cause damage in the final third whereas Grealish all too many times seems happy to just win a free kick. In Gazza’s era he wouldn’t even be getting the free kicks given either.

The key difference is Gazza wanted to stay on his feet and cause damage in the final third whereas Grealish all too many times seems happy to just win a free kick. In Gazza’s era he wouldn’t even be getting the free kicks given either.

Which is probably a main reason why Gazza didn't do it.

Which is probably a main reason why Gazza didn't do it.

He wasn’t of that mindset though. If Grealish has more protection why isn’t he bursting through defences instead of shielding ball and dropping to his knees all the time? It just seems an easy option each time.