Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, triggs said:

VAR seems to run a lot more smoothly in Europe

Only really feel there's major issues in the PL. Possibly to do with the poor standard of referees in England.

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

Only really feel there's major issues in the PL. Possibly to do with the poor standard of referees in England.

It was just as bad in France at the OM game I went too.

Just now, Disco said:

It was just as bad in France at the OM game I went too.

Not gonna argue too hard as I've not watched too many games this season, but generally in Europe and other top European divisions it seems like the VAR refs actually knows the rules and therefore there's less issues. Not that there's no issues, just that there's less.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Dunno why managers don't try harder to win these games in normal time. He could have brought some subs on with a chance to actually influence things. 

Just a friendly for us Ian mate. We've already qualified for the CL. 

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

Not gonna argue too hard as I've not watched too many games this season, but generally in Europe and other top European divisions it seems like the VAR refs actually knows the rules and therefore there's less issues. Not that there's no issues, just that there's less.

Longer bedding in period perhaps? But aye, I’m not surprised. Focus on refs here is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Dunno why managers don't try harder to win these games in normal time. He could have brought some subs on with a chance to actually influence things. 

Risk vs Reward isn't it. A pen shootout is essentially a 50/50 shot, whereas attacking (and thus exposing themselves defensively) with few minutes left has a higher risk of failure than just kicking the ball about until you get the 50/50.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Longer bedding in period perhaps? But aye, I’m not surprised. Focus on refs here is ridiculous.

Not sure. But what is sure is how many decisions VAR refs in England get wrong even with the benefit of analyzing video. To me the amount of decisions that are made wrongly by VAR refs is much less prevalent outside the PL, which makes it feel like there's a quality of ref issue more than anything else.