Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle United - 26/12/2020 - post match p10 onwards

Disco

They are certainly a long way off their best, part of it has been Fernandinho no longer being able to be an automatic starter, rhodri is not as good at all, not as effective at the dirty stuff and not as high tempo with the passing. I wonder if Guardiola has tried to adapt to Liverpool by being a bit more cautious but aguero is getting older and more injury prone and for some reason they are reluctant to go and buy a goal machine. Wouldnt be massively shocked if they gave Dortmund all the money in the world to get Haaland.

They are certainly a long way off their best, part of it has been Fernandinho no longer being able to be an automatic starter, rhodri is not as good at all, not as effective at the dirty stuff and not as high tempo with the passing. I wonder if Guardiola has tried to adapt to Liverpool by being a bit more cautious but aguero is getting older and more injury prone and for some reason they are reluctant to go and buy a goal machine. Wouldnt be massively shocked if they gave Dortmund all the money in the world to get Haaland.

They absolutely should do this.

Aye. They need are desperate for a striker, and they won't get much better than Haaland.

Bruce has broken Almiron. Just passes backwards all the time now.

Not watching tonight but Almiron was bought as someone with all the attributes to be the final piece of an attacking trio. Pace, strength, flair, threat. Balance. That's now a laughable thought. I mean ffs the other two were gone within six months of his signing.

Bruce has broken Almiron. Just passes backwards all the time now.

Not watching tonight but Almiron was bought as someone with all the attributes to be the final piece of an attacking trio. Pace, strength, flair, threat. Balance. That's now a laughable thought. I mean ffs the other two were gone within six months of his signing.

Yeah, barely recognisable now.

Think joelinto has done OK today

Aye he would probably be ok in a decent side. Simply a luxury player for us..without the luxury.

He just isnt a goalscoring striker or a decent wide player, nor creative enough to be a number 10. He has decent technique and  looks like a player is there but zero killer instinct.