Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

Think it's a good move for him. Felt before he needed a year on loan in the Championship because he doesn't seem quite at Premier League level. At least not at the level we want to play at.

There's a player there but he's coming up to 22. He needs to play and be starting now or he's never going to get there. And I just can't see that happening for us with the players ahead of him. He would have been a cheap squad player this year IMO.

As for we're having to sell him because of PSR. Maybe. But clubs have always looked to sell players to raise funds for purchases. Blaming everything on PSR gives the club a nice out.

Hope he gets his game time and does well.

Edited by Checko

I just think it’s dumb to sell a cheap, local, homegrown player who would probably been happy to stay here for at least a few years even if he isn’t starting many games, when we’ll inevitably have to spend more than 10m to replace his squad spot at some point. 

It’s probably the least bad option we had, but horrible planning to be in this position in the first place.

It's a real shame to have to sell him, he's a decent local lad and can play in multiple positions and always gives his best but we've put ourselves in this awkward position and we really have to learn from this going forward, i agree that of all our players he's one that can go as have options on both the left and midfield.

As already said 10M is crazy cheap; the boy can play, he will score goals. If he had a touch more pace his ceiling would be higher. Hope we included a sell on clause (If we get to where we want to be I don’t think we’d need a buy back) as there’s no reason why his value will not rise with regular game time.

He’s got stamina, he’s strong, good in the air, got good feet and gets into good positions. Think Forest fans will be pleasantly surprised. We might have done them with Shelvey but they liked Colback and Anderson is a completely different level.

Disagree on £10m being an acceptable fee. He's shown flashes of real brilliance and when he came back into the team last season it coincided with an upturn in our form.

His aggression in the press was fantastic and set a tone for the rest.

His attacking play seemed to drop off but the whole team seemed to fall back up the pitch by 10 metres which didn't suit him.

Think he'll be a solid player, good luck to him

Should be £15-20m or we've been robbed.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

No problem at all with selling him, just feels like £10m is surprisingly low. Good deal for Forest, he's easily worth that.

Not arguing or anything, but what would you consider his value?

I'd say 15m would be absolute tops for him, he's not got a lot behind him to back up anything more, other than maybe our fanbase hopes he would come good.

1 minute ago, STM said:

If that's true then I accept that more than minteh, tbh. Seen enough of Anderson to know he's a good player, but never going to be more than £50m, so £30m+ is good money.

Minteh could easily be a £100m winger if he listens to a manager like Howe.