Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

11 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I just think it’s dumb to sell a cheap, local, homegrown player who would probably been happy to stay here for at least a few years even if he isn’t starting many games, when we’ll inevitably have to spend more than 10m to replace his squad spot at some point. 

It’s probably the least bad option we had, but horrible planning to be in this position in the first place.

Maybe the club will replace him with a more effective footballer? Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Not arguing or anything, but what would you consider his value?

I'd say 15m would be absolute tops for him, he's not got a lot behind him to back up anything more, other than maybe our fanbase hopes he would come good.

I'd consider £35m to be a half decent fee as it happens....:bluestar:

Edited by TRon

6 minutes ago, STM said:

What a fantastic piece of business :indi:

Insane that people were gannin mad about £10m when the only person who'd reported that price is a Twitter ITK who also said that AC Milan want Longstaff.

Edited by Bunk Moreland

Let's just remember, Elliot Anderson is seen as a young star in football circles.

Just because it hasn't quite happened yet, doesn't mean it won't.

He's going to be a cracking player. That's good money though.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Hang on; it’s either a poor deal or it’s a good deal. We could all live with 35M. How can there be such a discrepancy in the fee?

Because the 10m thing was a bullshit tweet from a bullshit tweet merchant? Everyone just ran with it so they could have a whinge about selling a mediocre player.

There’s just no way he goes for £35m. £25m I could possibly imagine. I think he is worth decent money but he’s not played enough at the highest level and shown enough yet to command a £35m fee. I say that as a big fan 

£35m, is an insane deal, as much as I want the guy to stay, as I think he could be a great player, you can't really turn that down. Pure profit too which covers us for a while wouldn't it?

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Hahahahahahaha. No way we’re getting that. Genuinely gone full Chelsea if we can sell two prospects for £68m. It covers the Hall and Tino purchases in their entirety and creates net zero spend on two of our chunkiest outlays in the period. 

Expect this means we give Forest something back in a slightly inflated MGW fee.

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Maybe the club will replace him with a more effective footballer? Just a thought.

How good do you want our fifth choice CM to be? Particularly given that PSR apparently has a permanent chokehold on our spending.

I’m absolutely certain that Forest and us have a good bond, mainly because of FFP/PSR and similar restrictions. You got my back and I have yours kind of thing. Not a bad thing for them either to have us by their side going forward. But still, I struggle with the 35m fee :lol: 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, gbandit said:

There’s just no way he goes for £35m. £25m I could possibly imagine. I think he is worth decent money but he’s not played enough at the highest level and shown enough yet to command a £35m fee. I say that as a big fan 

Suppose could be something like 25million with some appearence add-ons.

Still that would a good fee for him and it'll be a good move for him. At his age he just has to play now.