Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

Just now, The Butcher said:

A local lad and supporter sacrificed as a result of poor financial management.:anguish:

PL and football in general can get in the fucking sea.

:lol: meanwhile we've just made a £26m profit on a player who's never even been to St James'.

I suppose we should've just accepted whatever Chelsea offered for Isak. 

Had hoped last season was to be the season he finally would excel but injury didn't help him. Miley getting into the team and then do well, made him exceed and do what was expected of Anderson, in my eyes anyways.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: meanwhile we've just made a £26m profit on a player who's never even been to St James'.

Anderson's getting sold as a result of poor management. It's a crying shame.

Just now, Yorkie said:

£33m for a player most of us have never seen play properly and £10m for a player worth about £10m, we're a laughing stock

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

A local lad and supporter sacrificed as a result of poor financial management.:anguish:

PL and football in general can get in the fucking sea.

We could have bought some cheaper, lesser players that were more of a gamble, instead of some of the better ones we did, and probably been able to keep Minteh and Anderson this summer.

But then guess what everyone would have been complaining about when those players weren't as good or were very hit and miss? And Minteh and Anderson weren't coming along as quickly? They'd complain non stop about us not buying quality players of course!

There is absolutely no winning this game with the fans man. 

I would hate to be the owner of a football club. Worst gig going.

I’m ok with this one as I don’t think he’s going to be good enough to hold down a regular place and we have numbers in midfield.  

The biggest issue is we have 3-5 players that could fetch similar money who are likely on bigger wages and have definitely maxed out their value (Longstaff, Almiron, Murphy, Trippier, Wilson). Anderson’s value could steal increase over time. The others will only decrease.  We’ll probably have to sell most of those to fund new transfers anyway. 

Can’t say I’m too bothered about Anderson leaving. He’s a decent young player but hasn’t shown anywhere near enough for me to think he’s going to be any better than a Longstaff long term.

I think I mentioned this a couple of months ago, but there have been one or two question marks over his attitude from people within the club, so I’m not overly surprised he’s seen as potentially expendable.

Wish him well though. Sucks that we even have to entertain all this to be honest.

So when Eales said there would have to be some player trading as part of the process going forward, it looks like people just thought it meant we'd just move on the crappy players we don't want to these mystery clubs that would be gasping for them?

Not how this works unfortunately. Can't just peddle your garbage and keep all the good stuff. 

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I really can't help but wonder what Forest see in him and how they plan to use him.

He's been a solid contributor for us when he's played, but it was more of a case of waiting for him to take the next step.

Wonder what grabbed Forest's attention.

I think it’s a favour. We’ll buy someone off them in the next accounting period imo. 

He's 7th choice for the CM role, so if had to be sacrificed then so be it, yes he's a local lad and came through the academy, but if it was him or Miley. I'm keeping Miley every single time. 

We need to be ruthless to get to the next stage without break the FSR rules, and guess what, we've done exactly that!

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Can’t say I’m too bothered about Anderson leaving. He’s a decent young player but hasn’t shown anywhere near enough for me to think he’s going to be any better than a Longstaff long term.

I think I mentioned this a couple of months ago, but there have been one or two question marks over his attitude from people within the club, so I’m not overly surprised he’s seen as potentially expendable.

Wish him well though. Sucks that we even have to entertain all this to be honest.

Really?! Hadn't heard that about his attitude. 

What was the deal with that?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So when Eales said there would have to be some player trading as part of the process going forward, it looks like people just thought it meant we'd just move on the crappy players we don't want to these mystery clubs that would be gasping for them?

Not how this works unfortunately. Can't just peddle your garbage and keep all the good stuff. 

I think it’s more to do with the last minute panic selling. It reeks of being financially irresponsible. 

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

He's 7th choice for the CM role, so if had to be sacrificed then so be it, yes he's a local lad and came through the academy, but if it was him or Miley. I'm keeping Miley every single time. 

We need to be ruthless to get to the next stage without break the FSR rules, and guess what, we've done exactly that!

Ruthless? Seems like we shat our pants tbh. Didn’t maximise any of these sales.

Just now, KaKa said:

Really?! Hadn't heard that about his attitude. 

What was the deal with that?

Above his station, billy big bollocks, let’s just say. I’ve witnessed it once myself too, during a shirt signing with a young lad.

I’m not saying that’s why we are selling him (I’m sure as a player Eddie won’t want to be losing him)… just that I could potentially see that pushing him higher in the pile of potentially expendable considering we have a pretty strict policy on attitude these days.