Elliot Anderson

joeyt

We need to try and integrate these youngsters into the team, he can probably offer much more threat than Murhpy or Almiron if given a chance, even Fraser isn't that reliable so we can give him a few run around next season.. don't think he needs to be registered right?

20 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

We need to try and integrate these youngsters into the team, he can probably offer much more threat than Murhpy or Almiron if given a chance, even Fraser isn't that reliable so we can give him a few run around next season.. don't think he needs to be registered right?

Far better for him to play 30-40 championship level games rather than ‘a few run arounds’ with us, then reap the benefits the following year if he’s still hitting the heights. It does neither him nor the club much benefit to not play regularly at this point in his development. 

Yeah I think another season loan or certainly 6 months at least is a must

His long term development is far more important than him hanging around our squad 

The only question is at what level the loan should be, if Rovers get promoted then I think it's worth letting him stay with them for 6 months 

6 hours ago, ManDoon said:

MK dons are interested in him, loan. Would be a decent move for his progress 

If he is sticking on loan keep him there. He needs somewhere he definitely gets minutes.

MK Dons have been horrific with Corbeanu from wolves. He has impressed almost every opportunity but hasn't got minutes left Sheffield Wednesday to improve on. 

Still feel we should give him the full pre-season and first half of next season here then send out in January. The players he’s competing with (Murphy, Almiron & Fraser) are players he could be capable of leapfrogging so we could even just keep him. If he has the same sort of game time as those 3 have this season then there’s no need to send him back out.

33 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Still feel we should give him the full pre-season and first half of next season here then send out in January. The players he’s competing with (Murphy, Almiron & Fraser) are players he could be capable of leapfrogging so we could even just keep him. If he has the same sort of game time as those 3 have this season then there’s no need to send him back out.

The chances are we will add to the squad so he'd arguably get less minutes 

At his age it's far more valuable he plays regular mens football, we don't have the luxury of blending him in like Pep did with Foden

7 hours ago, ManDoon said:

MK dons are interested in him, loan. Would be a decent move for his progress 

If we were to get promoted in May, and if football justice is served and Franchise FC choke promotion/playoffs, then we will be in the same league.

They have marginally bigger crowds than ourselves in a 30k all seater, its like playing and watching in a library.

Elliot and his family have been well looked after by our club, and from what I have been told Ameobi and Harper are really pleased with the way the loan spell has turned out.

He plays in front of a packed passionate crowd down here and is loving his time here.

All if's but's and maybe's though until May!

If he does end up at MK next season I would imagine he will be off to get his ears tested after the first home game. 

No love lost for a franchise club down here....... 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd rather it was the other way round personally. I'd send him out on loan at the start of the season to a lower mid table Championship side (if possible), or a top end League One side (or possibly Rovers if they go up) for 6 months and then review the situation, possibly extending it, but if we are looking like a comfortable 8-12th type season with no real hope of top 6, or relegation, then potentially ease him in to the final 8-10 games.

On 18/04/2022 at 17:11, HTT II said:

I have to admit that montage of Billy posted earlier was a good watch, I know the level isn’t the PL/Championship, and on that montage alone it looks like he’s a level or two above that standard, but you can’t beat actually playing regularly regardless of the level and if you have something about you, you will step up and he clearly has ability, the next step is does he have the attitude, aptitude and the desire to do so. I think that is so important and equal and if not more needed than mere ability alone. I do hope yous go up and we are not desperate for him to rejoin so I’d be happy if he continued his journey with you guys a level up. It’s easy to say loan him to a Championship club or bring him back, again, it’s game time these boys need and if you’re good enough you’re gonna be good enough. If I was him, I’d rather play week in week out for the Gas than an odd substitute appearance in a Cup game for us or sitting on the bench every week. 

This fella is the business, if he can hack the physical part of lg2 football (which he has) and the raw enthusism he has for the game plus good coaching then he could be dynamite for Newcastle United. Sometimes you just have to trust your youth/home grown players! We have in the past and they all had decent careers in the Premiership. 

10 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

Is it not better for him to get league 1/2 experience in a side pushing for promotion or in a Championship side who you just know will be fighting for survival or just mid table? 

You're quite right, I'm being greedy

12 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

Is it not better for him to get league 1/2 experience in a side pushing for promotion or in a Championship side who you just know will be fighting for survival or just mid table? 

Ter Stegen 

Trippier

Botman

Burn

Targett

Guimarães

Phillips

Paquetta

Anderson

ASM 

Darwin Nunez

I think would be the best for all parties concerned. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

If the Gas get promoted, and I hope they do, I'd happily let him continue his development with them. seems to be going well and as long as they are progressing together it can only be a good thing. Would be great if they won another promotion next season. I know, fairy tale stuff, but it happens.

If Man City can manage to bed Foden into their team, then surely we could for Elliot as well with arguably less to play for next season than any of the years Man City found time for him?

2017–18 - 5 games

2018–19 - 13 games

2019–20 - 23 games

2020–21 - 28 games

2021–22 - 23 games so far

He's at the age where he needs to show he can play at this level if he wants to be a great player, so why not give him time ahead of Almiron, Murphy and Fraser?

If we can't manage to give him any time on the pitch I'd prefer him going back to The Gas so he can help them get consecutive promotions as he seems to thrive in their team under Barton. 

Guest HTT II

He’s 19, ideally he needs to be in the first team for us starting at 21, again I’d rather he got game time elsewhere regularly than a few here and there for us.

Guest HTT II

I’m thinking purely from a point of his own development btw not us as a team… given where we are at now, I probably care more for his own development than having him playing a few games for us.

If Bristol Rovers go up, I’d want him to stay with them on another season-long loan.

Yes it would be League One football, however the importance of him playing every week in a positive team / environment can’t really be understated in terms of his development.

He’s playing under a manager that clearly believes in him and is willing to give him opportunities to refine his ability in a range of positions. 

The fanbase have also took a great shine to him, which is a huge boost to a young player on loan.

Not to mention, Bristol Rovers are a big club at this level. 

There’s no way he’ll be involved in the first-team next season in any case and we should be sorting out a loan for him as early as possible.

7 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

If Bristol Rovers go up, I’d want him to stay with them on another season-long loan.

Yes it would be League One football, however the importance of him playing every week in a positive team / environment can’t really be understated in terms of his development.

He’s playing under a manager that clearly believes in him and is willing to give him opportunities to refine his ability in a range of positions. 

The fanbase have also took a great shine to him, which is a huge boost to a young player on loan.

There’s no way he’ll be involved in the first-team next season in any case and we should be sorting out a loan for him as early as possible.

If they get in to L1, keep him there and send them some more players to keep him company. Watts and Shortstaff....if they need those positions of course 

Edited by Dokko

I'd involve him in preseason and then take it from there. If he impresses then use him within the squad. If he's good enough then he's certainly old enough. If Howe still feels he maybe needs more games and experience, then loan him to a championship (or abroad) club (sorry Rover's fans) as he needs to be playing games at the highest level possible and that's certainly not in division 1.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

If they get in to L1, keep him there and send them some more players to keep him company. Watts and Shortstaff....if they need those positions of course 

Definitely agree with this in theory.

Not to sound disrespectful to Bristol Rovers, but could work out to the benefit of both clubs if we had a strong partnership to cultivate opportunities for our best young talent. 

However, in those examples, I think Watts should really be a playing at a higher level now if he’s going to have any future at the club.

As for Matty, I don’t really care that much, he has no future here regardless.

10 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Read an article down here yesterday with a stat that says Elliot has either scored or made an assist for a goal every other game since signing in January over the space of 18 games ( 6 goals, 3 assists).

Goes without saying that if we were to get promoted there will be no sane Rovers fan who wouldn't want to see he him back in pre season.  

He's growing and prospering as a 19 year old in a physical/ugly league, at Rovers though we play a high press with a keeper/sweeper role.

A team with a lot of energy and pace, it's a talented squad that Barton has done very well to recruit, for me Elliot plays with a freedom in a system that suits his style, and he must be first on the team sheet.

I would think all of the above (promotion permitting), is a reason for Elliot to stay another season, he couldn't get in the away end quick enough when the third goal went in at Vale Park on Monday!

The lad is clearly enjoying his time here, fingers crossed for promotion and further loan extension on the new Gazza!