Elliot Anderson

joeyt

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what he's going to gain by going out tbh. 

I don't think he's ever going to be first choice here but he's perfectly good as he is starting 10 or so and making 20-30 sub apps again. Keep him. 

It'd be some comedown for him when we're playing in the Champions League on a midweek and he's playing in front of 12k at Millwall & Preston away on the same night. He's gaining and learning more here. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I thought he was good today, another goal involvement to go with two at Gateshead. He looks like he's grown up a bit and is starting to assert himself on the games a little more - there were signs of that at the back end of last season (Forest away, Leicester home) and again tonight.

I think he's going to be a good option for us, given his versatility. Not sure he'll become a world beater but I think he turns into a good squad player for at least the next couple of years.

On 18/07/2023 at 21:44, Newcastle Fan said:

Really good so far in pre-season, Rangers fans think they will do great if they can get him on Loan.

Absolutely zero chance he’s going anywhere on loan.

So far this pre-season:

Gateshead - goal & assist

Rangers - assist

Villa (first half) - goal & assist

Feels like he's staking a proper claim to get some decent minutes this season in the midfield three. Definitely growing in influence.

It’s a yuge quandary like. He needs high level football but I’d still like him off the bench which ultimately isn’t going to give him enough game time. 

Pay for him to play at Luton?

I wonder if we loan him out in late January depending on what cup competitions we're still in by that point? Can't see him going out this summer.

Edited by Pilko

11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I wonder if we loan him out in late January depending on what cup competitions we're still in by that point? Can't see him going out this summer.

Potentially like as per Miley. Makes it harder for them to find a club and slot in as a starter though at the level you’d want them at.

Nice to have these problems though. 

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

With him and Miley we have potentially saved ourselves north of £50M. How refreshing that we don't have to worry about them being sold too.

Absolutely. Miley is a player for sure, does not look out of place amongst premier league footballers. 

Anderson has improved where he even overshadowed longstaff in the couple of games prior. I suspect the position he was playing was his proper position as a AM with Bruno and tonali DM anchors