Elliot Anderson

joeyt

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Fuck sake. I am fine with people steaming about the shit performance and shit tactics, which is deserved imo. But a few of you are so clownish with your need for scapegoats  with this. Anderson has looked a lot better in other games

Disagree I would say apart from the odd game, he hasn't really done too much. Young though so deserves next season certainly. 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Oof … wasn’t great today, but not sure that the lad should be the target of ire tbh.  Some far more experienced heads played worse today for me

Yep. Thought he was trying to take responsibility and put himself about, at least.

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Oof … wasn’t great today, but not sure that the lad should be the target of ire tbh.  Some far more experienced heads played worse today for me

I agree for effort he certainly was and most of them are hopefully gone in the summer, well apart from Krath who has been given another year. 

Thought he tried and had moments where it looked like he was going to do something but ultimately didn't have a great night. The midfield aside from Bruno didn't have what it takes tonight, but it's not something I'd judge him too harshly on, our front 3 were poor too.

Not his fault he’s out of his depth tbh. He needs a season starting at a top Championship club to learn how to influence games but we’ve not had that luxury.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Your levels of predictability don’t require tea leaves and a tarot deck.

And my levels of don't give a fuck what you think don't require that either 

He has some good attributes, but he seems to not have a clue what to do once he gets in the final third. His passing falls to pieces, he rarely looks like scoring. It's difficult to tell what his best position is tbh. He's strong and good at breaking up play, but he doesn't look like a natural DM, and he doesn't have the end product for a box to box or attacking midfielder. 

He's approaching 40 appearances for us now, you'd expect at least a little bit of output at this point.  

1 minute ago, Andy said:

He has some good attributes, but he seems to not have a clue what to do once he gets in the final third. His passing falls to pieces, he rarely looks like scoring. It's difficult to tell what his best position is tbh. He's strong and good at breaking up play, but he doesn't look like a natural DM, and he doesn't have the end product for a box to box or attacking midfielder. 

He's approaching 40 appearances for us now, you'd expect at least a little bit of output at this point.  

50 according to the commentary today

If we do reach the Europa League or Confrence league it will be good for him to play more in that type of competition against lesser opposition, he went from League 2 to premier league quite fast but he does look like he has all the tools to progress.

13 hours ago, Andy said:

This is my issue with him.  He feels a bit positionless.  Not fast enough out wide, where I feel he is best.  But sometimes gets a bit lost and bogged down in the middle on the ball.

Really like him and his attitude.  Hope he kicks on between now and the end of the season. 

The man got thrown in at wingback against an incredibly skillful and tricky team. It was never a sustainable strategy.