Joe Willock

On 20/09/2022 at 20:04, Smal said:

I don’t think anything you’ve posted here is contrary to what I posted to be honest. He doesn’t get on the ball and in fact seems to actively avoid it given our decent possession numbers, and when he does eventually get the ball he does very little to progress play compared to our other players playing in the same system.

I used this season because it’s the most relevant to the current system and we’ve had a decent amount of possession.

100% correct.An assist today and a shot on target.Outshone by Longstaff which says everything.Mr ‘anonymous’ in most games he plays.Oh,I forgot. A couple of piss taking flicks against a 10 man demoralised Fulham near the end.

1 minute ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Our poorest player who started though.In his ‘best’ position today so no excuses for the little he produced.A very poor Jenas’ 

What? 

Just now, tomlynnherrington said:

Our poorest player who started though.In his ‘best’ position today so no excuses for the little he produced.A very poor Jenas’ 

This is just bollocks tbh. Even if you don't like the player, should at least be able to give credit when he's had a good game. Maybe he'll be awful when he's up against 11 next week, save the vitriol until then.

I didn’t see the game today so can’t comment on this one specifically. I’m a fan of his and I recognise he’s largely struggled to impose himself on games this season, but a poor Jenas? They’re such different players 

3 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

:lol: Two assists, one of which was a goal if it's left alone is the exact opposite of 'producing little.'

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is just bollocks tbh. Even if you don't like the player, should at least be able to give credit when he's had a good game. Maybe he'll be awful when he's up against 11 next week, save the vitriol until then.

He didn’t have a good game though.A good cross for Miggy’s second mind.Not playing on the right allowed Trippier to get numerous crosses in today.Bruno and to a lesser degree Longstaff ran the midfield.Wilson and Miggy were a right handful today.The back three were superb.Are you suggesting Willock was better than any of the players I have mentioned? Being anonymous for most of the game didn’t  impress me today.

7 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Aye,cracking stuff against a poor 10 man team.Again our poorest player.

What the matter with you man? You've been on all afternoon with negativity. If you can't find anything to be happy with today, I'd suggest you're not going to find it in football.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

It’s hard to tell having only seen one angle of the goal, I’d rather just score though even if it was stolen.

Yeah, but I was initially panicked Wilson was offside. That would have been a little annoying. 

I'm not his biggest fan but you give credit when it's due. Still don't really know what his best position is, he clearly functions best in a counter-attacking team. I don't see him as a true CM really, he lacks the attributes generally needed, but he contributed today.