Joe Willock

Thoroughly deserves that goal for his performances.

MOTM for me as well.

The thing I was impressed with in this one was how often he'd get in front of whoever was breaking for them, shrug them off and then play it simple. Had some moments of real class as well. 

My MOTM today too. Great energy, movement and use of the ball throughout and definitely the most proactive and physical performance from him I've seen this season too. 

Really excited to watch him continue to develop :indi:

Thought he was easily MOM today. Well overdue goal too. Love how quickly he moves up the gears when he slows a defender down and borsts past.

Not for everyone but love how casual he goes about his work too. Calm as you like. Can’t be far behind Longstaff in how much ground he covers. 

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Thought he was easily MOM today. Well overdue goal too. Love how quickly he moves up the gears when he slows a defender down and borsts past.

Not for everyone but love how casual he goes about his work too. Calm as you like. Can’t be far behind Longstaff in how much ground he covers. 

On the first point, there was an interview recently with Saint-Max and he said Willock is the fastest player at the club (apart from himself).

I thought Trippier was mom but willock a close second, Longstaff was a diesel engine and ran himself ragged.  Not the best team performance by any stretch but if you play like that and still win 4-1 things are fucking great

Aye, he’s lethal running onto balls in behind with his pace. We have Bruno, Trippier and Botman who can all deliver outstanding lofted balls over the top, should be targeting this as an area for Willock to keep advantage of 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

He's definitely gained confidence this season on the ball, he'll try the casual flicks or dummies to throw his markers, and it's coming off quite often as well. Makes our football look top level when he's on his game.