Joe Willock

40 minutes ago, Kanji said:

What a stupid post. Watch his involvement. Ya go watch him fly all over the pitch. Blind irrational posting. 

Flying all over the pitch = worthy starter for a top 4 EPL team. Is that rational to you? murphy and Longstaff were as involved as he was today, does that mean we should keep them for UCL next season.

Go check the transfer thread, most of the players we have been linked with are players that could easily be snatched by the top 6 or top European clubs. Can you say the same about Willock? Can you even imagine Liverpool or Chelsea being interested in Willock? The difference in technical ability and overall play between their midfielders and Willock is HUGE.

The future backbone of our team: Bruno, Isak, and Botman. They all players who could play in top teams if theh keep improving. If we officially make it to UCL next season, then you would expect our owners would want us to stay there every season. The starting midfield would probably be: Bruno + Joelinton + a new player. In a couple of years it would be: Bruno + 2 new players. 

I don’t get why you are getting worked up for just saying our ambition for next season should be above what Willock could offer. This is like saying Wilson should start for us next season. We are a different team now with different ambitions. 

Edited by Solitude20

1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

Flying all over the pitch = worthy starter for a top 4 EPL team. Is that rational to you? murphy and Longstaff were as involved as he was today, does that mean we should keep them for UCL next season.

Go check the transfer thread, most of the players we have been linked with are players that could easily be snatched by the top 6 or top European clubs. Can you say the same about Willock? Can you even imagine Liverpool or Chelsea being interested in Willock? The difference in technical ability and overall play between their midfielders and Willock is HUGE.

The future backbone of our team: Bruno, Isak, and Botman. They all players who could play in top teams if theh keep improving. If we officially make it to UCL next season, then you would expect our owners would want us to stay there every season. The starting midfield would probably be: Bruno + Joelinton + a new player. In a couple of years it would be: Bruno + 2 new players. 

I don’t get why you are getting worked ip for just saying our ambition for next season should be above what Willock could offer. This is like saying Wilson should start for us next season. We are a different team now with different ambitions. 

Look I know this is just your opinion but it honestly smacks of someone who hasn't played the game.  This bloke is remarkable and when the whole squad is fit he will still be in the starting eleven.  He has just terrorised the Man Utd defence and midfield who have a plethora of internationals

in their team.  What exactly do you not see?

Some pure miserable cunts on here. There are better players in world football, who we might sign but Joe is going to be a key part of things for years to come, regardless who else we get. Offers so much to the team its not a coincidence we didn't do well when he wasn't fit. Only 23 as well, years of gassing defenders for fun to come. 

10 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

I don’t get why you are getting worked up for just saying our ambition for next season should be above what Willock could offer. This is like saying Wilson should start for us next season. We are a different team now with different ambitions. 

Klopp is a long term admirer of Willock and he would solve the problems they have had since Wijnaldum left them. 

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Look I know this is just your opinion but it honestly smacks of someone who hasn't played the game.  This bloke is remarkable and when the whole squad is fit he will still be in the starting eleven.  He has just terrorised the Man Utd defence and midfield who have a plethora of internationals

in their team.  What exactly do you not see?

Goals from gaping chances ?

He's been fantastic the last few weeks but come on, tucking sitters away would make him even better ...seeLongstaff and Joe.

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Anyone buying jamie redknapps claim that whenever an England squad is announced the first name he looks for is Willock

Come on Jamie :lol: 

I mean he's not wrong. If Mason fucking Mount can get picked, Wilock who offers more should be involved. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Goals from gaping chances ?

He's been fantastic the last few weeks but come on, tucking sitters away would make him even better ...seeLongstaff and Joe.

Idiot!

1 minute ago, madras said:

Take your time, read what I said 

I've read it.  You want the complete footballer (a robot).  Willock is the most underrated footballer in the league in my opinion.

Just now, Rod said:

I've read it.  You want the complete footballer (a robot).  Willock is the most underrated footballer in the league in my opinion.

So you missed the "he's been fantastic" bit ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

So you missed the "he's been fantastic" bit ?

But then you follow It up with "the sitters" he's missed.  You don't like him, don't rate him and never will.  You want Jack Colback back don't you?

28 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Of course we should be trying to improve on what we have, that goes without saying and is not as insightful as perhaps you think it is, but correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these the very samw players who've had us playing champions league form for the best part of 15 months now? They've very much earned their right to play I'm a top 4 team as that's exactly what they have been doing.

Milner, Henderson, Fletcher even Park Ji Sung have all been mainstays in some of the best teams in PL history. It's not outlandish to say the likes of Willock and Longstaff can have similar impacts, they certainly have done so far. 

56 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

All I said was I think it’s stupid to not appreciate what Joe brought today and if anyone can’t take a moment to look with their own eyes how often he’s involved with our entire style of play then I don’t even know what to say to them. 

Edited by Kanji

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

Some pure miserable cunts on here. There are better players in world football, who we might sign but Joe is going to be a key part of things for years to come, regardless who else we get. Offers so much to the team its not a coincidence we didn't do well when he wasn't fit. Only 23 as well, years of gassing defenders for fun to come. 

this 100%. I fucking can’t stand the way people have to look at negatives before positives after today. Jesus Christ. 

He’s also still young to be fair. I really rate him, but missing chances will cost us against better teams. However he has been one of the players of the season.

Edited by AJ9

20 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Brilliant again, arguably the motm.

Needs a bit better finishing, but so does most of our players :lol:

Think this is the difference between having good midfield players and world class midfield players. If Longstaff/Jo/willock etc could finish they would be getting double figures in the league every season. Mad to think that we should have a much better goal difference, when you consider the chances we create.

43 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Said this elsewhere.  

Players with the physical and mental profile of Willock, Joelinton and Longstaff tend to not have hit greatest technical ability. 

Willock plays the game at high pace which makes the intricate stuff that much harder. But he doesn't waste time on unnecessary tricks which means it's really effective when it comes off.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Some of his touches today when in danger were sublime. Got that Arsenal grad comfort on the ball but pairs it with such speed and stamina. If he was better at finishing, he'd basically be Bellingham.

He did a Ronaldinho style juggling the ball with his head, then gave it away :okay: :lol:

Edited by Klaus