Joe Willock

Dunno what to think after those two posts  [emoji38]

I'd tweeted about a minute beforehand how it was great to have him back, like a new signing etc. So of course he got hurt.

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

Dunno what to think after those two posts  [emoji38]

I'd tweeted about a minute beforehand how it was great to have him back, like a new signing etc. So of course he got hurt.

I mean it didn't look terrible or anything, just hit him at the wrong time. :lol: 

Getting into liability territory now a wonderful player but if you can't be available your a waste of a squad number. Was gutted for him when I saw how upset he looked coming off but think the commentary said 9 starts last season and the season before that I am sure he was out from around May time. 

Screenshot_20240828_230505_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by nufcjmc

He’s such a good player and importantly a different type of midfielder than the others we have, he’s had a blip in his fitness record now and let’s hope it just stays as that because he’s a diamond of a player for us.

I honestly think Howe would start a fit Willock over anyone else as one of the front two in our current system.

Edited by Nine

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hope's tweet doesn't match up at all with what Howe said to Sky 

That’s what I was thinking too, Hope made it sound much more negative than it should.

From my (reasonably close) angle in the end it looked not too dissimilar to when Joelinton knacked his thigh at the mackems last season. In that he sort of jarred his leg in a block tackle.

Hopefully it’s not as serious as Joe’s was 🤞

40 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

That’s what I was thinking too, Hope made it sound much more negative than it should.

what did Howe say then?

Elite footballer, made of glass, hope its nothing serious and he's at least back on the bench Sunday. He brings something completely different to the side and puts the opposition on the back foot.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Seriously what did Howe say that was so different to the quotes on twitter? 

"It's a huge blow for him and for us," said Howe.

"He was the scorer of the goal and he looked good. His absence meant we had to reshuffle the midfield which is something we didn't want to do in that moment at all.

"We just hope it's not serious. It doesn't look good. He's feeling a pain in his thigh so we'll have to wait and see how serious it is."

2 minutes ago, duo said:

"It's a huge blow for him and for us," said Howe.

"He was the scorer of the goal and he looked good. His absence meant we had to reshuffle the midfield which is something we didn't want to do in that moment at all.

"We just hope it's not serious. It doesn't look good. He's feeling a pain in his thigh so we'll have to wait and see how serious it is."

Hope it's just a few weeks of rest and he'll be ok. 

I sometimes wonder when players suffer longterm injuries whether it's then in their head. Almost waiting for it - they fear the worst when they feel pain.  As you see the likes of Schar, Bruno constantly get clattered. But they just dust themselves off and get on with it.

Edited by duo

There was a time when Willock was playing out of his skin 90 min per week, sometimes even twice a week, and he barely ever got injured. Those were the days.

52 minutes ago, Erikse said:

There was a time when Willock was playing out of his skin 90 min per week, sometimes even twice a week, and he barely ever got injured. Those were the days.

Loan Willock was mint, same with him in many flashes the 2 seasons after.