Joe Willock

2 hours ago, NEEJ said:

As good as he was, it seemed as if he still had a few more levels in him, like. Keep him fit and he's going to be absolutely massive over the next few weeks. 

Yep, he’s still not up to absolute peak acceleration yet. There was a moment right at the end of the first half where he had Dalot completely isolated and went to just burn him on the outside but didn’t quite manage it. If he’s 100% he leaves him trailing.

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Excellent rankings, I can see Tino making a run at the leaderboard when he gets more game time. Not convinced Gordon deserves a top 10 spot despite me being a big fan. He does speak well off the pitch though 

:thup:With Gordon, his earnest commitment to the "one pillow or two" patter in the Amazon doc opened my eyes to his potential canny lad status. 

10 hours ago, looneytoon said:

How did he manage to get so much pace on the ball for his goal? Mind-boggling 

It did seem to be almost sped up in real time. It was like it had a disproportionate amount of power than my brain was expecting :lol:

Was my player of the season all the way until he limped off v Brighton. 

Pre season and those 3 defeats we kept wondering what was wrong with us and I firmly believe it was his absence. 

No way will this lad be stepping aside or spending time on the bench, still only 24, he's the future of nufc. 

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

Was my player of the season all the way until he limped off v Brighton. 

Pre season and those 3 defeats we kept wondering what was wrong with us and I firmly believe it was his absence. 

No way will this lad be stepping aside or spending time on the bench, still only 24, he's the future of nufc. 

Think he'll have to be managed better this season the odd rest here and there keep them hammies and groin strains at bay. 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have to admit to thinking he was a bit of a desperation signing due to being the only player we had contact with at the time. But under Howe he really looks the business. 

Remember he had that purple patch under Bruce where he scored in seven consecutive games, quite an accomplishment in the circumstances.

He's always had something 

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have to admit to thinking he was a bit of a desperation signing due to being the only player we had contact with at the time. But under Howe he really looks the business. 

28 million wasn’t it? Be at least double now.

I really love the way a lot of our players play. In fact it would probably be quicker to tell you the players I don't rate really highly. But there's something extra special about Willock like. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is but from the moment I saw him I just had a gut feeling about him that's never gone away.

When Eddie talks about Willock he has a twinkle in his eye. That speaks volumes about the lad.

I think Willock has just come through the same tunnel that Longstaff did, whereby he's no longer a boy and feels like he absolutely belongs in a quality side. You can almost see it I'm his body language.

16 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Loved his loan season man, got Bruce out of some absolute shite.

”come in you maggies”

He’s grown up so much.

I know Castore rightly get a lot of stick, but fucking hell, look at the quality of that shirt :lol: