Joe Willock

I think he'll be okay.

Just some discomfort as his body adjusts to being back at it after a long time out.

He probably just panicked when he felt something, and it was right to bring him off, just in case.

I did think he looked pretty comfortable on the bench when they showed him sitting there with the ice on his thigh.

If he had disappeared down the tunnel and not re-emerged that would have been a very bad sign.

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

It was an impact injury, someone's hip crushed into his thigh, at the time it looked like a dead leg, so glad that's the case.

There was an impact but, in the incident concerned the impact was to the top of the other thigh.

He went down holding his left while the impact went to his right.

When the trainer came on Willock could be seen mimicking a pulling motion with his hands.

Like everyone I am hoping that it was just something very minor but, at the same time completely fearing the worst.  Even minor injuries at Newcastle seem to manifest in ~8 weeks layoff.

Such a shame because when he plays he can be outstanding!

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think he'll be okay.

Just some discomfort as his body adjusts to being back at it after a long time out.

He probably just panicked when he felt something, and it was right to bring him off, just in case.

I did think he looked pretty comfortable on the bench when they showed him sitting there with the ice on his thigh.

If he had disappeared down the tunnel and not re-emerged that would have been a very bad sign.

I'm not a pro-sportsman (obviously).  I never had the makings of a varsity athlete.  

However, I've played various sports in my time and had numerous injuries and I feel there may be some truth in what you say.  Coming back from knee ops, every little tweak gets you thinking it might have gone again or that you need to come off.  Then it's fine minutes or even seconds later.  The same when I came back from a hamstring tear.  Any tightness would have you paranoid as fuck.  But after a while, you realise it's nothing to worry about.  

For someone as explosive and rapid as Little Joe.  I'm sure his muscles are under some serious stress and tension when he plays.  

Hopefully just a minor tweak and a niggle.  Fingers crossed, as I love him as a player and he seems a lovely chap to boot. 

Some good news on joe anyway, looked like it was season ending the way they where talking yesterday,

Only good thing to come out of this windows is we kept our purples,

we will just have to run with what weve got now,

2 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

At this point I’m not convinced he’ll ever manage 90 minutes again 

Guy must be feeling terrified about something simple as sprinting at full speed at this point.

Edited by Erikse

He never seems to ease his way back in. He was making full, intense sprints right from the start on Wednesday. Same when he was coming back last year. It's great that he has that desire, but he could probably do with just feeling his way back into it sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

He never seems to ease his way back in. He was making full, intense sprints right from the start on Wednesday. Same when he was coming back last year. It's great that he has that desire, but he could probably do with just feeling his way back into it sometimes. 

Yeah was thinking that. He was really bombing at full pelt on Wednesday, and it was a glorious sight. You can only imagine he felt really good in himself after a proper rehabilitation period, so hopefully it does just turn out to be a dead leg.

Willock's problems is probably the one that I have a strong feeling that we have mismanaged. I have no problem with starting him against Forest in the cup by the way, the damage happened last season. You don't need to be a doctor to know that you need to be very careful with achilles injuries. Obviously the club must have known this, but chose to take the risk based on lack of alternatives at the time. Feels like he was rushed back several times out of desperation, and now the guys carreer is at risk of stagnating. Feels like it's not in line with the "build for the future, not for the present" mindset that we are supposedly going with.

Edited by Erikse

I might be 60, 14 clem and 5' 6" but I tore my left thigh muscle on Tuesday night. 

10mins into a 60min 5-a-side. I didn't say anything, just got on with it. 

I'm assuming everyone else just thought I was being my usual shit self. 

He'll be reet

On 30/08/2024 at 16:39, Andy said:

Surely he does that in training before a match, I don’t think you can compete in top level elite sport with the mentality of I’m only going to go 7/10?