Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, ianovthetoon said:

Amanda seems to like dusting doon so maybe he gets one game and then told to fuck off. To be fair I’m hopeful the occasion overwhelms Spuds despite Cabbage Heed

then we stuck with him

49 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'm not interested in his conduct, or wealth of experience.

The issue, and only issue here, is he's shit at being a football manager, and his "wealth of experience" is of being shit, tactically inept and losing games.

He fucking summoned his dead parents a few days ago to add to his whole pathetic woe is me spiel. Where is this professionalism?

19 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

What’s he got experience of? All I can see is fucking losing games.

He’s an expert on takeaways 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

This "long conversation" must have been truthfully short. I read they were there 90 mins and all of the meet-and-greet and training stuff must have taken up the majority of that. 

You have to account for the long periods of silence, twiddling of thumbs, mind-numbing repetitive excuses and blame game, before being pressed to actually answer the question he was initially presented with. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: They have to be fucking 

When you know you are going to sack someone you do it as pleasantly as you can. It is never a 'happy procedure' but it is best all round to try to minimise the harshness, even if only by thanking the person for their past work.

You don't have to mean it. 

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

You have to account for the long periods of silence, twiddling of thumbs, mind-numbing repetitive excuses and blame game, before being pressed to actually answer the question he was initially presented with. 

Account for the long periods Steve was eating through the meeting, and only answering when coming up for air from the trough

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF its Edwards and the Telegraph so its basically dictated through a couple of hot dogs and a jug of fizzy pop

Picturing Bruce as a Trump like figure detailing the meeting to Edwards.

"We had a great meeting. One of the all time best meetings I think they'll say one day. Miranda and Merman were very impressed with me. Said they were big fans of the many, many great things I've done. So many incredible things. Things that certainly would have never been done by a certain spaniard I could name. I won't say it but we all know who it is. And I think we'll know a lot more in the coming weeks about their plans."

Football's a small world. They knows Steve has a lot of mates and PR stuff is sensitive as hell right now. Show him the door while keeping him happy. Fragile ego? Then spend time massaging it. "It's not you, it's us" and all that shit.

I still maintain that some people are throwing their toys out of the pram over nothing…

a) he may still go before Sunday.

b) for all we know it needs to be a board decision (with all board members) and may require signing off in Saudi.

c) it may not be as simple as literally sacking Bruce…if we do that his coaches go too, and if they go do we have enough to see us through Sunday.

d) maybe they don’t have faith in Jones to be caretaker / or he doesn’t want to be.

e) maybe they think it’ll be better to have a clean change to new manager / coaches, rather than the interim step.

f) maybe they’re interviewing people for the job as we speak.

g) remember how McClaren left.

They’ve only owned the club 5 days. It’s unheard of for major decisions like managerial changes to be made in that time, so if he does go before Sunday (and I think he probably still will), it’ll be pretty quick all things considered.

But it’s good to see everyone’s patience is lasting 😁