Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I just don't think they'll want to risk that the launch of their new era and rampant positivity could really easily become toxic abuse if we concede an early goal. He'll be gone in the next few days.

30 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

No doubt, and I’d prefer him not to be there too. But I also think it would be a risk of sorts for the new owners to remove the manager and his coaches with no official plan on who may be coming in.

What if we’re left with Jones and a skeleton coaching staff for weeks?

Where have you got this weird idea that coaching staff dissapears if they terminate Bruce's contract?

Day before (?) takeover was announced, NUST published a poll that got national media coverage where 95% of fans said Steve Bruce should walk away from his post in the best interests of the club. Easiest decision ever for new owners.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Where have you got this weird idea that coaching staff dissapears if they terminate Bruce's contract?

Day before (?) takeover was announced, NUST published a poll that got national media coverage where 95% of fans said Steve Bruce should walk away from his post in the best interests of the club. Easiest decision ever for new owners.

Weird idea? It’s pretty common place for a manager and HIS coaches to leave a club at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Weird idea? It’s pretty common place for a manager and HIS coaches to leave a club at the same time.

Also common for it not to happen. Hughton, Pearson, Carver in recent times alone. McDermott, Clarke, Carver again, Sugget before that took over the reigns after the manager was sacked here when being on their staff if not their right hand man. That's just us though.

Edited by Wolfcastle

From Craig Hope:

Meanwhile, head coach Steve Bruce remains in post having met with Amanda Staveley at the training ground on Monday.

However, it was always understood that it would take until at least the middle of the week before removing Bruce ahead of Sunday’s visit of Spurs.

The focus of the new owners remains on the managerial situation, with appointments such as sporting director and chief executive to follow in due course.

Sources have played down the likelihood of Frank Lampard being the man to take charge, although they have also stressed that many options are on the table given the number of voices involved in the process.

20 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I just don't think they'll want to risk that the launch of their new era and rampant positivity could really easily become toxic abuse if we concede an early goal. He'll be gone in the next few days.

Fingers crossed. Thursday has to be the very latest it can happen.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Isn't that more common when the clubs have someone else lined up that wants to bring in their own coaching staff? Can't remember entire coaching staffs ever dissapearing along with the manager when clubs have sacked a manager and temporarily installs a caretaker.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Isn't that more common when the clubs have someone else lined up that wants to bring in their own coaching staff? Can't remember entire coaching staffs ever dissapearing along with the manager when clubs have sacked a manager and temporarily installs a caretaker.

In many cases, sure. But the Steve’s are very much a coaching team. I’d put money on if Bruce is going, his mates are going with him.

Got a funny feeling we might see an announcement that Bruce is leaving immediately AFTER the Spurs game… perhaps “stepping down” / pushed with a thank you for his service keeping us in the league. Keeping it amicable, allowing him his 1000th game to be his potentially last game in top flight football, getting a full week of training in, keeping the fans off his back for the game etc… and then a fresh start from next week. Seems like a nice balance…keeping fans happy, giving them more time to get a plan in place, keeping the press on side by not appearing too trigger happy etc. Basically a compromise to suit everyone.

Just a scenario that I’ve just dreamt up, but seems relatively plausible.

16 minutes ago, duo said:

He'll be in charge Sunday -  too close to game to sack him now.

No, I have always felt that our 'considered and sensible' new owners would never rush in and sack him the very next day they took over.

I felt they would definitely sack him before the Spurs match, and that Wednesday or Thursday would be the logical times (one or the other) to do it.

There is no problem with it being too close to the Spurs game, because Jones is already there, no doubt having more useful input than Bruce already, and so he can just continue that as Caretaker Manager, at the weekend and probably for a week or two thereafter.

That's what I think anyway!

Edited by manorpark

6 minutes ago, duo said:

He'll be in charge Sunday -  too close to game to sack him now.

Why? McClaren was sacked three days before the next game (I think?). Im

sure others were even closer to a game.

1 hour ago, midds said:

I think he's the sweetcorn in the shit tbh. He's not the answer long term but he's the best of a very bad bunch and has more potential than the rest combined. Jones, with all caveats applied, has the best chance of rousing the players and crowd on Sunday simply because of the fact he's not Steve Bruce. He's far from perfect but he's got something about of him imo, others, namely Southgate, agree. 

Sticking with Bruce is weak and demonstrates a lack of judgement and willingness to act decisively. It's a huge call. They haven't. 

Agreed

Jones, unlike any of the three Steves of the apocalypse, at least knows about tactics. 

We need to start off right and set momentum right from the start. Keeping Bruce here would just stall any momentum going forward. 

Edited by LV