Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

No time for sentiment or kid gloves, we're 19th and every point and game counts to move forward. This arsehole has over 20 years of failure sprinkled with the odd 2 month purple patch every now and again. He's not part of the future and the sooner he's binned the better, makes no sense at all to keep him on under any circumstances, he needs to go and go asap and he should already be out of the door imo. Potentially their first (pretty big) mistake tbph, they need to be swift and ruthless with shit like this. 

Just now, midds said:

No time for sentiment or kid gloves, we're 19th and every point and game counts to move forward. This arsehole has over 20 years of failure sprinkled with the odd 2 month purple patch every now and again. He's not part of the future and the sooner he's binned the better, makes no sense at all to keep him on under any circumstances, he needs to go and go asap and he should already be out of the door imo. Potentially their first (pretty big) mistake tbph, they need to be swift and ruthless with shit like this. 

I understand your frustration but I don’t really understand the difference in whether he goes today or goes in a week’s time if/when they have a manager lined up.

Either way, he’s going.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I understand your frustration but I don’t really understand the difference in whether he goes today or goes in a week’s time if/when they have a manager lined up.

Either way, he’s going.

I just think it seems out the wrong message tbh. He's won 5 of his last 37 iirc? He doesn't deserve to continue full stop. I just think they need to make a bit of a statement. Keeping him on isn't the right message to send out to people inside and outside of the club. Just my opinion though mate :thup:

5 minutes ago, midds said:

I just think it seems out the wrong message tbh. He's won 5 of his last 37 iirc? He doesn't deserve to continue full stop. I just think they need to make a bit of a statement. Keeping him on isn't the right message to send out to people inside and outside of the club. Just my opinion though mate :thup:

Yeah, but they’re professional people. I personally think that they’ll want to put a full new management / coaching team in place to take over, rather than sacking someone without any plan on who replaces him.

Amongst all of the shit that will need sorting through, removing Bruce will be amongst the easiest decisions the consortium have to make. You'd hope it would be done by the weekend, to give us the best possible chance of getting three points.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Amongst all of the shit that will need sorting through, removing Bruce will be amongst the easiest decisions the consortium have to make. You'd hope it would be done by the weekend, to give us the best possible chance of getting three points.

Genuinely not convinced removing Bruce would have any impact on Sunday’s result. Graeme Jones is running the tactics anyway.

1 hour ago, Peder75 said:

First paragraph sounds like a goodbye message. Thanks for keeping us up, you know the way out.

What if that was basically a 'good luck in your future endeavours' and he hasn't read between the lines?

Be just like Bruce to turn up for work more after being sacked then he did before. Also he's so much ill-gotten cash he'll not know his wages haven't dropped.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Account for the long periods Steve was eating through the meeting, and only answering when coming up for air from the trough

Be like that scene on JFK where a frustrated Costner/Amanda snaps at John Candy/Bruce for stuffing his face instead of reading the tone "Stop eating that crabmeat and listen"

Edited by Wolfcastle

No doubt he would want to stay on as he has said previously, but he won't change anything. In fact you could argue he does more damage being in the dugout on Sunday as if we concede first it causes a pile on of abuse aimed at him. Its a no win situation for him, stinking the place out to get to that 1,000th game should he remain in charge.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

There’s a high chance Spurs beat us Sunday if he’s there or not but for me him not being in the ground at what will be the best atmosphere since the Europa League nights is what’s important to I think everyone right now.

No doubt, and I’d prefer him not to be there too. But I also think it would be a risk of sorts for the new owners to remove the manager and his coaches with no official plan on who may be coming in.

What if we’re left with Jones and a skeleton coaching staff for weeks?

No doubt, and I’d prefer him not to be there too. But I also think it would be a risk of sorts for the new owners to remove the manager and his coaches with no official plan on who may be coming in.

Is that really any worse than what we have currently ? 

Bruce being there on Sunday dampens the atmosphere imo and we can’t afford to keep letting games go

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yeah, but they’re professional people. I personally think that they’ll want to put a full new management / coaching team in place to take over, rather than sacking someone without any plan on who replaces him.

If they're professional they'll identify the barriers to progress and remove them immediately. Bruce is the ultimate barrier, makes no sense to me to allow him to continue another day as he's performing disgracefully and has been for some time. 

I get the fact they are still sounding people out about taking over but that dusky mean the bloke failing miserably should be allowed to continue until they find a more permanent solution. He can't buy a win. He needs to be sacked as a priority. Like, fucking now. 

I appreciate it is new ownership, but in 2019 we had Neil Redfearn and Ben Dawson overseeing things until Bruce arrived in arguably a key point of any seasons. They will need a plan, but I think if you signal Bruce has gone then you're going to have intermediaries approach similar to Rafa in 2016.

Who knows? Purely playing devils advocate, I can’t imagine it being a good idea to be down to the barebones in the coaching department for weeks.

I just think in our current position we literally have to seize the momentum and feel good around the place and Bruce staying dampens a lot of that.

Just now, midds said:

If they're professional they'll identify the barriers to progress and remove them immediately. Bruce is the ultimate barrier, makes no sense to me to allow him to continue another day as he's performing disgracefully and has been for some time. 

I get the fact they are still sounding people out about taking over but that dusky mean the bloke failing miserably should be allowed to continue until they find a more permanent solution. He can't buy a win. He needs to be sacked as a priority. Like, fucking now. 

I’d prefer that too, but I’m not going to throw my toys out of the pram if he’s still there. Can see plenty of reasons from a business point of view why they might not want to cut and run without replacements in place.

No good can come of keeping him around for me.  Fly in the ointment of the occasion, will get Bruce out chants and stick if it doesn't go well, will be more awkward to bin if he flukes a win. To say nothing of letting an incompetent who would have been sacked at any club not owned by Mike Ashley already being allowed to dig the hole he got us in any deeper and provide further deterent to anybody we'd want.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’d prefer that too, but I’m not going to throw my toys out of the pram if he’s still there. Can see plenty of reasons from a business point of view why they might not want to cut and run without replacements in place.

I understand your point of view but honestly don't agree with it :thup:

Sticking with a management team that's failing so miserably just because you've not had time to think about replacements make zero sense to me. You remove the underperforming team and replace them s and when you can. Jones and a couple of extra pairs of hands to help out is better than sticking with tried and tested dogshit. Again, just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

I understand your point of view but honestly don't agree with it :thup:

Sticking with a management team that's failing so miserably just because you've not had time to think about replacements make zero sense to me. You remove the underperforming team and replace them s and when you can. Jones and a couple of extra pairs of hands to help out is better than sticking with tried and tested dogshit. Again, just my opinion. 

Jones is part of that tried and tested dog shit 😁

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Jones is part of that tried and tested dog shit 😁

I think he's the sweetcorn in the shit tbh. He's not the answer long term but he's the best of a very bad bunch and has more potential than the rest combined. Jones, with all caveats applied, has the best chance of rousing the players and crowd on Sunday simply because of the fact he's not Steve Bruce. He's far from perfect but he's got something about of him imo, others, namely Southgate, agree. 

Sticking with Bruce is weak and demonstrates a lack of judgement and willingness to act decisively. It's a huge call. They haven't. 

Just now, midds said:

I think he's the sweetcorn in the shit tbh. He's not the answer long term but he's the best of a very bad bunch and has more potential than the rest combined. Jones, with all caveats applied, has the best chance of rousing the players and crowd on Sunday simply because of the fact he's not Steve Bruce. He's far from perfect but he's got something about of him imo, others, namely Southgate, agree. 

Sticking with Bruce is weak and demonstrates a lack of judgement and willingness to act decisively. It's a huge call. They haven't. 

Yet.

4 minutes ago, midds said:

They have to know that even though we are jubilant, we are also scarred by indecision and poor judgment. 

if they let him remain in the dugout it’s a poor first impression. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yet.

Yep. And if they do it before the game then I'll be delighted. 

Honestly think it's a winnable game and the crowd could carry the players through it with the positive momentum. Not sacking him and keeping him in place risks another home game lost and the momentum stopped dead in it's tracks on Sunday.