Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Fantasy Football League returns in a couple of weeks.

Buzzing. Was trying yesterday to see when it was back. Loved the first series, Elis James is hilarious. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2024 at 09:48, Yorkie said:

Buzzing. Was trying yesterday to see when it was back. Loved the first series, Elis James is hilarious. 

The socially distanced sports bar podcast is worth a listen if you’re not already on board. It’s very Welsh but I think you’d enjoy if you can get past the other two who you’ll love or absolutely will not.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: I gave it a very short bash a long while ago before [seinfeld gif]. Will try again. 

I’ve got a feeling I’m only sticking with as it was a Covid find and gave me a couple of hours content a week with some genuine moments of where I’ve been left crying with laughter but as usual the bigger it’s got the worse it’s got IMO and straight man ‘host’ as such is arguably a massive cunt (god I’m such a whinging bitch).

You're in good company. I tried the Rest Is Football today; was as shit as I expected. They were all in absolute hysterics cos Micah used a long word (it was ubiquitous). Absolute braindead "I'm so stupid lol" panel show humour. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You're in good company. I tried the Rest Is Football today; was as shit as I expected. They were all in absolute hysterics cos Micah used a long word (it was ubiquitous). Absolute braindead "I'm so stupid lol" panel show humour. 

Once. Binned. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I thought I was alone in thinking this but completely agree. It actually makes me dislike Shearer quite a lot. He just comes across like he thinks he's funny and tries really hard, especially always acting like Micah is really stupid in comparison and with his, what feels like, forced swearing all the time.

I have the same problem with that show with Henry, Carragher and Richards that everyone rates. Maybe Micah is the common theme here but to be fair to him at least he seems a genuine positive chap.

Carragher on the other hand is the worst, He's like an older guy trying to blend in with the younger ones and ramps up his volume and how animated he gets to try and match Micah. When he's got the live audience he's at his worst.

Comes across so forced and fake. I'll always remember the image of him gobbing on that young girl because of how thin skinned he is. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Wullie said:

This strikes me as a particularly stupid decision from the FA.

I wonder if this is pre-empting the Premier League supposedly taking over the running of the FA Cup/TV rights process for it, which is also linked with all replays reportedly being scrapped in the not too distant too.

I'm sure I also read recently that one of the sticking points in that conversation is that the EFL have said they'll take the League Cup final away from Wembley if the FA screws them by selling them out (again) to the PL re. the FA Cup patter.

29 minutes ago, Wullie said:

This strikes me as a particularly stupid decision from the FA.

Rank decision. Refuse to buy both sports packages for Sky and TNT so yet another competition that goes behind the paywall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...