Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

Guest HTT II
20 minutes ago, Paully said:

‘Anne’ was a harrowing, upsetting watch but it’s absolutely must see.

How those bastards got away with it for so long sickens me.

What a woman.

I’ll be watching that, the poor women and indeed all of the deceased and their families.

Guest HTT II

Not really footy related, but the Paul Mersin doc on his gambling recently was an eye opener, he comes across as a really likeable bloke even if he is a trash talking shit pundit.

Guest HTT II
Just now, joeyt said:

Watched the Nottingham Forest/Brian Clough documentary on Netflix called I Believe in Miracles and it was great

Aye, it’s a great watch!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 05/11/2021 at 14:28, HTT II said:

Anyone watching the new Maradona series on Amazon? I’m into the second episode and it’s decent, but the dubbing is terrible. Some of the real archive photos and footage are amazing though, what a talent.

Just started watching this, onto episode 8, it’s brilliant. Like you say the archive photos and footage particular at the end credits is probably as good as the show itself. Love the intro music as well.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Ha - yeah we watched it a few weeks ago and I had a great time spotting the various places it was filmed. 

The Civic Centre doubles as the football stadium in Belgrade and the airport in Munich.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Ha - yeah we watched it a few weeks ago and I had a great time spotting the various places it was filmed. 

The Civic Centre doubles as the football stadium in Belgrade and the airport in Munich.

Decent film as well I thought. Tragic what happened.

Also shows how shite and insulated our FA was. Probably one of the best national teams in the world pre-1950s but were too ignorant to send us to the early World Cups. We could have easily had one or two before 1966. Then this happening against the European Cup the first few years and forcing Man Utd to be back in time for a league fixture rather than accommodating them representing us in Europe.

On 27/05/2022 at 22:02, Optimistic Nut said:

Just started watching this, onto episode 8, it’s brilliant. Like you say the archive photos and footage particular at the end credits is probably as good as the show itself. Love the intro music as well.

Finished this at the weekend. Very good.

• 3 weeks later...

The Croatia documentary on the Fifa plus app/channel is worth a watch. Document’s the role of football in the creation and warring for the nation and the building of it thereafter.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

The Croatia documentary on the Fifa plus app/channel is worth a watch. Document’s the role of football in the creation and warring for the nation and the building of it thereafter.

Yeah, it’s really good that one.

It feels borderline bad taste to say this, and there are of course far more important things to think about, but what a side Yugoslavia would have had in the ‘90s without the civil war and break-up.  There is a really good chance they would have bagged a major tournament.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...