Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United - post-match reaction from pg24

Yorkie

34 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I find it strange that apart from Shelvey anyone could really judge a player to harshly playing under such a clueless manager.

Shelvey, Gayle, Carroll and Hendrick and Krafth. All pish. The others get an excuse, even Joelinton for me.

20 hours ago, Nobody said:

We were fucking awful man :lol:

Would still want to see 4231, with ASM Almiron and Fraser/Murphy behind Wilson. Willock and Longstaff in midfield, Manquillo right back. The rest I don't really care about, they are about as good as each other. 

Agree with this.  Shelvey seems undroppable, mind.  Despite being one of our worst performers this season.  

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’d give Gayle a pass to a large extent, he’s hasn’t played much in his real position. 

He's missed 3 sitters in two games in his real position.

I think he’ll have a similar career to Big Sam beyond Burnley. He’ll be the one newly promoted/clubs at the bottom turn to.

On 12/04/2021 at 12:43, Shearergol said:

Shelvey, Gayle, Carroll and Hendrick and Krafth. All pish. The others get an excuse, even Joelinton for me.

Why is Joe getting a pass? He saunters about like a stoned Shola. He has the heart of pigeon.

41 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think he’ll have a similar career to Big Sam beyond Burnley. He’ll be the one newly promoted/clubs at the bottom turn to.

Tend to agree, but I think it'll be because of reputation and style rather than ability. I don't see why he couldn't organise a better club with better players to a similar extent, and achieve more. We will likely never get to find out mind, I know. 

I think Dyches side have an identity. Very much long pass to biglad and poacher but it can be effective. I'd argue we are less prone to that strategy than most sides as we show little attacking intent and sit so deep.