Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Brummiemag

Looking at the fixtures to come, we currently have 30 points.

Club          Points i think they will pick up  (total points for season)

Sunderland - 4 points (39 total)

Hull - 1 point (35 total)

Blackburn 4 points (38 points)

Middlesbrough 0 points - plus anything they get from our game (31/32/34 total)

West Brom - 0 points (25 total)

So the table will look like this

Sunderland 39 points

Blackburn 38 points

Hull 35 points

Middlesbrough 31/32/34 points

West Brom 35 points

6 points should keep us up but id prefer 7 or 8 just to be sure.

I'm concerned about the way WBA are picking up points so easily in your table, on that basis we really are fucked!! 

Guest optimistic nit

I'm starting to think that it's going to be Hull, us, and West Brom.

boro have the hardest run in out of all the teams at the bottom. on current form they will have picked up their last point.

I hope to god we dont see this in about 5 weeks time mind  :undecided:

boro have the hardest run in out of all the teams at the bottom. on current form they will have picked up their last point.

:dowie:

Guest Brummiemag

I hope to god we dont see this in about 5 weeks time mind  :undecided:

:dowie:

Maybe but teams have a habit of picking up unexpected results, especially Boro, and its not unreasonable to think Hull will also pick up a win and a draw. It really means we have to pick up at least 2 wins and a draw in those 3 home games and even then we may need a result at Villa! 

Guest optimistic nit

Looking at the fixtures to come, we currently have 30 points.

Club          Points i think they will pick up  (total points for season)

Sunderland - 4 points (39 total)

Hull - 1 point (35 total)

Blackburn 4 points (38 points)

Middlesbrough 0 points - plus anything they get from our game (31/32/34 total)

West Brom - 0 points (25 total)

So the table will look like this

Sunderland 39 points

Blackburn 38 points

Hull 35 points

Middlesbrough 31/32/34 points

West Brom 35 points

6 points should keep us up but id prefer 7 or 8 just to be sure.

8 is the minimum imo, needing hull to get a minimum of 3 points is leaving too much to chance. i know they really should get hardly any points between now and the end of the season, but they've got a few games that they could nick something from.

I dont know how anyone can be a 5.

We are 19th with 5 matches to go, having won 6 games in 33, and now needing to win 3 in 5.

We are s****.

Have to agree. We look all but condemned to the Fizzy Pop League.

The optimism on here is astounding i mean its going to hurt like hell WHEN we go down because for me we are doomed theres not a cat in hells chance we will win 3 games out of 5 when

we have won 6 out of 33

we have won 1 in 17 yes thats nearly half a season and that was against west brom the only team below us

we havent kept a clean sheet in 16

we have won 4 times at home in 15 losing to the likes of Hull and Blackburn and failing to beat Wigan and Stoke

Face it lads even the most optimistic have to wake up smell the coffee its bye bye premier league for us after 16 seasons, the management of the club should hang there heads in shame for the monumental errors that have caused this because i dont think we will be back for a long time

The point i've underlined is key for me - if Ashley doesn't sell-up & bugger off - taking his brand swallowing black hole/sports retail empire with him.

The rough & tumble of the Championship - and we'll be a 'marked team' from the outset - will prove to be a tough litmus test for untested youngsters in Kadar, Tozer etc.

If Ashley won't muster up the funds necessary to steer a club through a relegation fight - ie. our recent profit making January transfer window, a shocking indictment of non-ambition on the part of the Ashley regime - what are the odds of him sufficiently financing a promotion challenge? Judging by the aforementioned Jan transfer window there's a higher likelihood of us selling key/necessary or in-form players, if we're in the promotion mix come next January.

Speculative of course - a crux point for one particular hindsight queen here - and going by the recent Jan window Ashley is more likely to offload a Nile Ranger, provided the player's form in the Championship warrants attention from EPL suitors........................ 5m in the coffers is guaranteed good news for the spreadsheets, for the short term. Shame about the bigger picture though.

can 9 men carry a team to salvation?  that should be the tag line for the remainder of our season, read out before the match in a deep dramatic Hollywood baritone

every time we start games with duff, owen, butt & nolan we're essentially playing half a man in those positions - it's probably less than half but i'll give them half to be generous for no apparent reason

personally if viduka & martins stay fit, if smith or guthrie play instead of butt or nolan (preferably both) and duff is thrown off the Tyne bridge i reckon we'll make it, just

viduka and martins hold the key for me - still on 9 though

The optimism on here is astounding i mean its going to hurt like hell WHEN we go down because for me we are doomed theres not a cat in hells chance we will win 3 games out of 5 when

we have won 6 out of 33

we have won 1 in 17 yes thats nearly half a season and that was against west brom the only team below us

we have won 4 times at home in 15 losing to the likes of Hull and Blackburn and failing to beat Wigan and Stoke

Face it lads even the most optimistic have to wake up smell the coffee its bye bye premier league for us after 16 seasons, the management of the club should hang there heads in shame for the monumental errors that have caused this because i dont think we will be back for a long time

yep, its this inability to win, convinces me we cannot win 3 in 5 were, down, im on a 9, cos its only a ten, when its mathematically down.

we have won 6 out of 33

yep, its this inability to win, convinces me we cannot win 3 in 5 were, down, im on a 9, cos its only a ten, when its mathematically down.

a win against pompey might snowball though dude, stranger things have happened

gotta keep the hope up

we have won 6 out of 33

Some of those stats are pretty sad reading, I've officially hit the panic button and put us up to a 10, just can't see us winning the 3 home games :(

we could win three at home and still go down, wouldnt at all be suprised to see that happen.

ive said for a while that if we're put in a situation where we need to win these three games then we'll go down because it's probably not going to happen. we had to pick up extra points against teams like arsenal, stoke or spurs and we failed to.

we have won 6 out of 33

Its 3 in 17 in the league and we kept a clean sheet 8 games ago (and if you are including cup games its 2 in 16)..  Still shit like obviously :(

True we've failed to hold onto leads against some poor teams (though its deceptive to mention Hull considering they were class when they beat us in the league), but looking back through the fixtures to our win against West Brom at home 24 games ago, I can't see three more winnable games then the three we've got coming up.

we have won 6 out of 33

Some of those stats are pretty sad reading, I've officially hit the panic button and put us up to a 10, just can't see us winning the 3 home games :(

You might not want to believe every stat you read, certainly not at face value anyway.

If Shearer pulls his head out of his arse and abandons this 3-5-2 bullshit then we're still right in there with a shout.

If we win our three home games we should still stay up, and despite how absolutely ungodly bad we've been all year there's absolutely nothing whatsoever that should stop us doing just that. Boro and Pompey are absolutely shite too, and we have them at our place and with our 3 best goalscorers looking like they'll be available.

Beat them two and we'll have our tails up when Fulham come, and while they're a decent side we should still be able to beat them considering how important a game it'll be for us.

I think Blackburn will be safe. They've 3 very winnable home games to come too and West Brom on the last day.

So it's two of us, Boro and Hull for me, and I think Boro are 90% gone. If Hull get more than 4 points from their run-in I'll be very surprised. We need Man U to go to Hull needing a win on the final day too. If we go down on the back of Man U rolling over against Hull on the final day to rest players for the CL final I'll probably have to kill some people.

we have won 6 out of 33

"Geordie" dean?

In my experience Geordies are the most optimistic people anyone could meet, and for you to give up on us at this stage is a disgrace!

We are still fighting and I and many others still believe we can get out of it. I'm sure Shearer believes, and if the vast majority of the St James' faithful believe I know we will do it!

:clap: O0

we have won 6 out of 33

"Geordie" dean?

In my experience Geordies are the most optimistic people anyone could meet, and for you to give up on us at this stage is a disgrace!

We are still fighting and I and many others still believe we can get out of it. I'm sure Shearer believes, and if the vast majority of the St James' faithful believe I know we will do it!

:clap: O0

why ......... ?