Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If Shearer pulls his head out of his arse and abandons this 3-5-2 bullshit then we're still right in there with a shout.

If we win our three home games we should still stay up, and despite how absolutely ungodly bad we've been all year there's absolutely nothing whatsoever that should stop us doing just that. Boro and Pompey are absolutely shite too, and we have them at our place and with our 3 best goalscorers looking like they'll be available.

Beat them two and we'll have our tails up when Fulham come, and while they're a decent side we should still be able to beat them considering how important a game it'll be for us.

I think Blackburn will be safe. They've 3 very winnable home games to come too and West Brom on the last day.

So it's two of us, Boro and Hull for me, and I think Boro are 90% gone. If Hull get more than 4 points from their run-in I'll be very surprised. We need Man U to go to Hull needing a win on the final day too. If we go down on the back of Man U rolling over against Hull on the final day to rest players for the CL final I'll probably have to kill some people.

Those three strikers being fit to start is the last throw of the dice for me. If they play we can win and set the ball rolling.

I think Blackburn could still go down, I would love it if that happened to Big Sam.

My relegationometer is now at about 5.5, I reckon if we played the end of the season out 100 times we would survive about 45% of them.

Don't know how I'll handle relegation, don't even want to think about it.

Next week Hull have Liverpool and Boro have Arsenal. We have Pompey at home.

Realistically we should be only 1 point behind Hull and 2 ahead of Boro next Monday night. I would be confident then, but its assuming we beat Pompey. Its our most important game in decades. :frantic:

We are doomed, completely doomed.  I predict we will win only one of these upcoming 'easy' 3 home games.

Gutted tbh.

Realistically we should be only 1 point behind Hull and 2 ahead of Boro next Monday night. I would be confident then, but its assuming we beat Pompey. Its our most important game in decades. :frantic:

What makes you think we can beat Portsmouth?  Its wishful thinking, they are a really tough team to beat nowadays.  I think it will be very very tightly contested.

What makes you think we can beat Portsmouth?  Its wishful thinking, they are a really tough team to beat nowadays.  I think it will be very very tightly contested.

yep, they're not a  soft touch anymore and have gotten draws away at stoke, hull and boro recently, all higher in the table than us. they'll be very organised and disciplined and i can see us struggling to break them down and conceding on the break. if shearer learns from his errors picks the right team then the quality of martins, viduka and owen should do it but it'll be tough.

Fucking hell! The Pompey game is ridiculously important, the fact it has come down to this is mental... if I was a player I would be shitting bricks at the prospect of this game.

The way Glen Johnson and Pompey attacked this week we will struggle as well. Not sure I can even watch this one.

Guest firetotheworks

We play boro ffs! If we beat them, then they dont win that weekend, has no one even considered this? 9 and 10s are insane considering the form Hull are in, and their upcoming fictures. We're more likely than them to pick up points from Boro, Pompey and Fulham at home, than they are from Liverpool, Stoke and Man United. There's every chance we could win 1, draw 1 and still stay up. We wouldnt deserve it, buts not 9/10 or 10/10 unlikely.

I've been wanting to move off a 10 for a while now, but just cant.

Having said that. Looking at the fixture lists, beat boro and get a point some place else and we could still stay up. Hull and Boro have such difficult run ins, hard to see them picking up too many more points.

Two wins out of the five remaining matches could actually be tough to beat, three and we are safe probably but this is all tempered with reality and the way we are playing.

i think 5 points may keep us up, i think 7 points definatly will.

whether we get them or not is another matter like.

im not even sure 9 is enough.

have you seen boro and hulls run ins?

9 will be enough imo

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/-newcastle-fans-to-pretend-championship-is-premier-league-200904201712/

NEWCASTLE FANS TO PRETEND CHAMPIONSHIP IS PREMIER LEAGUE

NEWCASTLE United fans brushed off yesterday's defeat by Spurs insisting they have a fool-proof scheme to guarantee the club a place in next season's top flight.

With Sir Alan Shearer's team now firmly in the relegation zone, United fans have drawn-up plans to pretend the Championship is now the Premier League.

Shearer has backed the idea stressing that even if the club was to plummet to mid-table in the Conference North, the supporters would still be making travel arrangements for a lengthy Uefa Cup run.

Bill McKay, assistant secretary of the Toon Army supporters club, said: "Ipswich play in blue so they can be Chelsea or Everton.

"We'll have at least one of the Sheffields and no-one's ever entirely sure what league they're in, Derby can be Fulham and we could even pretend Coventry are still a proper football team

"Meanwhile Bristol City will from now on be known as Arsenal, Barnsley can pass for Man Utd if you squint hard enough and Notts Forest should make a perfectly decent Liverpool.

"And just like the old days we won't have to play small teams like Wigan, Stoke, Bolton, Portsmouth and Hull, so we can pretend they're still in the old second division."

United fan Tom Logan added: "Newcastle have the best fans in the Premier League, as anybody who watches Sky Sports knows. So we can't be relegated, otherwise we can't be the best fans in the Premier League. Right? Right? Please say that's right."

I usually laugh at the Daily Mash. :undecided:

:no: Bit too near the knuckle to be funny though, isn't it?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/-newcastle-fans-to-pretend-championship-is-premier-league-200904201712/

NEWCASTLE FANS TO PRETEND CHAMPIONSHIP IS PREMIER LEAGUE

NEWCASTLE United fans brushed off yesterday's defeat by Spurs insisting they have a fool-proof scheme to guarantee the club a place in next season's top flight.

With Sir Alan Shearer's team now firmly in the relegation zone, United fans have drawn-up plans to pretend the Championship is now the Premier League.

Shearer has backed the idea stressing that even if the club was to plummet to mid-table in the Conference North, the supporters would still be making travel arrangements for a lengthy Uefa Cup run.

Bill McKay, assistant secretary of the Toon Army supporters club, said: "Ipswich play in blue so they can be Chelsea or Everton.

"We'll have at least one of the Sheffields and no-one's ever entirely sure what league they're in, Derby can be Fulham and we could even pretend Coventry are still a proper football team

"Meanwhile Bristol City will from now on be known as Arsenal, Barnsley can pass for Man Utd if you squint hard enough and Notts Forest should make a perfectly decent Liverpool.

"And just like the old days we won't have to play small teams like Wigan, Stoke, Bolton, Portsmouth and Hull, so we can pretend they're still in the old second division."

United fan Tom Logan added: "Newcastle have the best fans in the Premier League, as anybody who watches Sky Sports knows. So we can't be relegated, otherwise we can't be the best fans in the Premier League. Right? Right? Please say that's right."

I usually laugh at the Daily Mash. :undecided:

:no: Bit too near the knuckle to be funny though, isn't it?

That sites about as funny as puppies and kittens with AIDS tbh.

The one minor thing that people forget, though, is that our own form is actually just as bad as Hull's. Yet the optimists expect them to get nothing from Villa, and us to grab a point. Them to lose to Stoke, and us to beat Middlesbrough. Us to beat Fulham, and them to get trounced by Bolton. Their run-in is nearly as easy as ours.