Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The facts are Newcastle are NOT relegated yet. Newcastle have 4 games to save themselves (and hope others fail to save themselves). You can give up now if you want but it isn't over yet. West Brom and Fulham have been in worse positions at this point in a season and didn't go down. The situation is dire but we still have a chance.

I'm clinging to the fact that Boro will have to come and play for a win, they need points as much as we do. Even then though, we're shite. The Boro game is fucking huge and what's worse is I expect Hull to beat Stoke 2 days before we play, so we'll be 6 points adrift.

agreed about the Hull-Stoke game, stoke are safe and will take their foot off the pedal, hull are huge favourites for that game imo. i think Hull will get 3 or 4 points more than they have now so we need 6 or 7 and atm thta looks like it is asking too much.

What about Sunderland like?

I'm clinging to the fact that Boro will have to come and play for a win, they need points as much as we do. Even then though, we're s****. The Boro game is f***ing huge and what's worse is I expect Hull to beat Stoke 2 days before we play, so we'll be 6 points adrift.

agreed about the Hull-Stoke game, stoke are safe and will take their foot off the pedal, hull are huge favourites for that game imo. i think Hull will get 3 or 4 points more than they have now so we need 6 or 7 and atm thta looks like it is asking too much.

They have a home game against a team in the cup final who to a man will be terrified of getting injured having seen what happened to Jagielka, 2 away games against teams who will be safe, and a home game against a side who may have 2 finals to come. They'll get the points if they need them.

Why are people confident Hull can beat Stoke but we can't win? Pretty baseless, seems like people are deliberately negative about us.

I feel all of the other teams can and will put more effort in than our lot. This might be misguided because obviously I see lots more of us than them, but still.

I'm clinging to the fact that Boro will have to come and play for a win, they need points as much as we do. Even then though, we're s****. The Boro game is f***ing huge and what's worse is I expect Hull to beat Stoke 2 days before we play, so we'll be 6 points adrift.

They have a home game against a team in the cup final who to a man will be terrified of getting injured having seen what happened to Jagielka, 2 away games against teams who will be safe, and a home game against a side who may have 2 finals to come. They'll get the points if they need them.

This is all very true. Although our run in on paper looks the best out of the bottom 5, barring perhaps the Villa away game last day of the season, we have no games in which the opposition has nothing to play for. While as the others do. This could have a huge bearing on our fate.

I'm trying to stay positive but reality keeps nudging me and tells me that we are fucked and only a miracle can save us now.

West Brom beat them 3:0.  What frame of mind each team will be in when they play them is conjecture, but what is fact is that Sunderland are fucking terrible.  As bad or worse then us and their remaining fixtures make grim reading.  I definitely think they're in at least as bad a position as Hull, if not worse.

Why are people confident Hull can beat Stoke but we can't win?  Pretty baseless, seems like people are deliberately negative about us.

I feel all of the other teams can and will put more effort in than our lot. This might be misguided because obviously I see lots more of us than them, but still.

Yep I bet Sunderland fans will be thinking just the same of their side after the West Brom game.

Why are people confident Hull can beat Stoke but we can't win?  Pretty baseless, seems like people are deliberately negative about us.

Hull play Stoke at home. Stoke have won 1 game all season away from home. They are not the same team. Stoke also have absolutely nothing to play for. I would be shocked if Hull dic not pick up at least a point from that game.

West Brom beat them 3:0.  What frame of mind each team will be in when they play them is conjecture, but what is fact is that Sunderland are f***ing terrible.  As bad or worse then us and their remaining fixtures make grim reading.  I definitely think they're in at least as bad a position as Hull, if not worse.

Although I agree that Sunderland are as bad if not worse than us, the cold hard fact is they are 4 pts ahead of us, the way we are playing 4 pts is a hell of a long way away and circumstances have comspired to give them an excellent chance to extend that lead.

Our goal difference helps us. The Boro game is the one I think we'll definitely win, they unlike Pompey will need all 3 points, so will come out and give it a go. Which with their midfield will leave space all over the place. I reckon it'll go to the last day against Villa, who have nowt to play for. We'll beat Boro and draw with Fulham. I think we'll stay up, only losing by 1 or 2 at Anfield can be seen as ok, anything more is a bonus.

Our goal difference helps us. The Boro game is the one I think we'll definitely win, they unlike Pompey will need all 3 points, so will come out and give it a go. Which with their midfield will leave space all over the place. I reckon it'll go to the last day against Villa, who have nowt to play for. We'll beat Boro and draw with Fulham. I think we'll stay up, only losing by 1 or 2 at Anfield can be seen as ok, anything more is a bonus.

Boro's form has picked up a little lately. They've won one game drawn another and played much better in recent losses. That might not sound much but when compared to us they sound like world beaters. The game is by no means a easy 3 points for us.

The Boro game will pretty much consign one of the two teams to certain relegation, that's for certain.

Of course, we could just draw and go for the "both" option.

by some strange mathematical mishap, for the first time ever , I think both teams will Lose

West Brom beat them 3:0.  What frame of mind each team will be in when they play them is conjecture, but what is fact is that Sunderland are f***ing terrible.  As bad or worse then us and their remaining fixtures make grim reading.  I definitely think they're in at least as bad a position as Hull, if not worse.

Although I agree that Sunderland are as bad if not worse than us, the cold hard fact is they are 4 pts ahead of us, the way we are playing 4 pts is a hell of a long way away and circumstances have comspired to give them an excellent chance to extend that lead.

I'm not disputing the fact that they're in a better position then us at the moment.  I'm just saying that Sunderland have to be included when we look at teams we can catch.

Boro's form has picked up a little lately. They've won one game drawn another and played much better in recent losses. That might not sound much but when compared to us they sound like world beaters. The game is by no means a easy 3 points for us.

Boro's home form has picked up, but not away, their last away win was 14 games ago and they have only two wins and two draws away all season (13 losses).  Two draws and 11 losses from their last 13 away games.

Hull play Stoke at home. Stoke have won 1 game all season away from home. They are not the same team. Stoke also have absolutely nothing to play for. I would be shocked if Hull dic not pick up at least a point from that game.

But when was the last time Hull won at home?  They couldn't even beat us for god's sake.

But when was the last time Hull won at home?  They couldn't even beat us for god's sake.

I watched the whole of their game against Liverpool and they played pretty well. But for some stupidity by their striker they could have got something out of that one.

Anyway your question was why is relegation threatened Soke V Newcastle tougher that Hull V safe as houses Stoke. Stoke are very much like Wimbledon used to be in being strong at home and fairly weak away. Everything is set up for them at home they have narrowed the pitch and a very loud and vocal crowd. That game was always gonna be tough for us and we did very well to get a point from it. Stoke are now in no danger of being relegated, yes there is still prize money to be up for grabs and their manager will no doubt bang on about the need to stay focused for the remaining games. But when you build you team around the need to go out there and put every ounce of effort in to perform beyond their skill, it's only natural for those players to feel entitled to a break and mentally turn it down a notch or two.

I happen to think Hull v Stoke ranks up alongside NUFC v Boro as being the most important game of the season for us. Hull win that and it could be curtains for us, they get a point and we somehow need to find 4 more points, that's a point a game, out of our final fixtures. Better hope for 4 0-0's because we don't look even remotely likly to score another goal this season.

Guest Hodgey

At the moment yeah but if the game goes anything like the fixture at SJP the goal difference cushion will go out of the window; as you rightly point out a 2-0 loss will be ok at Anfield and if its a spirited performance where we actually create some decent chances it may, crazy as it sounds, give the team the necessary confidence to beat Boro.

If we get a right good pasting though there where does that leave team morale and confidence?  To be hoped L'pool take the game too lightly and we can miraculously sneak a draw.    

we're gone imo.

hull are one win away from safety, we wont get 6 points

right there is Sunderland and Hull's pre-match pep talk

If we win our home games we will more than likely stay up. There's our pep talk for all the fucking good it will do.

If we beat boro then we may have some confidence rolling into the fulham match. The boro game is now the all important game for both clubs...MASSIVE game! Unfortunatly i can see Hull getting another 4-5 points so even if we perform miracles and win both remaining home games we may still need a point from villa away..............Anythng can still happen all we can do is wait and see what unfolds before us!