Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I was gutted when we went down last time but thoroughly enjoyed the season in the Champ and it wouldn't really bother me if we went down again. I think this summer finished me off a bit, realised that regardless of how well we do one season we're never going to have the ambition to push on under the current owner so it's all a bit pointless. There's f*** all I can do about that other than stopping going, which isn't going to happen so just going to enjoy it for what it is and I can do that in any league. We'd lose all our players if we went down but the manager seems keen on selling some of them and boots it over the heads of the others anyway.

:jones: :dowie: :jones: :dowie: :bruce: :dowie: :facepalm:

:pardsgrin:

I was gutted when we went down last time but thoroughly enjoyed the season in the Champ and it wouldn't really bother me if we went down again. I think this summer finished me off a bit, realised that regardless of how well we do one season we're never going to have the ambition to push on under the current owner so it's all a bit pointless. There's f*** all I can do about that other than stopping going, which isn't going to happen so just going to enjoy it for what it is and I can do that in any league. We'd lose all our players if we went down but the manager seems keen on selling some of them and boots it over the heads of the others anyway.

:jones: :dowie: :jones: :dowie: :bruce: :dowie: :facepalm:

:pardsgrin:

I agree - see what I mean about how easily the board have managed to reduce fans' expectations ?

I would never make that comment in a million years - but then, I am old enough to remember us finishing 2nd twice AND actually winning something....

So if Sunderland are now in a relegation fight according to their manager, how are we not given that we're only a point better off from the same games?

if our players and manager cant see it, then we really are in trouble.

its got the smell of relegation about it, the only thing that gives me hope- unlike the last two relegations i watched, we appear to ahve hit rock bottom so early in the season, it has to improve, or we drop.

So if Sunderland are now in a relegation fight according to their manager, how are we not given that we're only a point better off from the same games?

I guess people are looking at both how we played last season and our squad of players and are just expecting us to kick in to gear at some stage.

I guess people are looking at both how we played last season and our squad of players and are just expecting us to kick in to gear at some stage.

i may be mistaken, but in our relegations in the 70s and 80s, we finished 8th and 5th maybe in the season before relegation :(

I wouldn`t consider a dip in form* at the begining of December a relegation scrap.

Mind you, looking at the upcomming fixtures, a humping or two prior to & over the festive period (which could well be on the cards) & it could all go wrong again by next May.

January will be a pivotal month.

*/ mostly shit so far this season

If we get anything from the QPR game, it'll be our only points in the next 5 games. Brilliant.

By which point we'll be in the relegation zone. Well done Pardew, it took you a bit longer than I thought when you took over, but you've proved me right about how shit I thought you were.