Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I don't think we'll go down but the fact that it's still a possibility at this stage speaks volumes.

But then again we finished 5th last year. And David Moyes had a bad season once! etc etc

We only need 2 or 3 points but I really don't see where they'll come from. I don't trust this lot to do anything right now - whether that's winning away games or battling against the big teams.

We were saying that just before we beat Fulham as well though. It's hard to focus on after a derby defeat but surely we will pick up the one win we need before the end of the season. Even if we don't know exactly which game it will be now.

We only need 2 or 3 points but I really don't see where they'll come from. I don't trust this lot to do anything right now - whether that's winning away games or battling against the big teams.

We were saying that just before we beat Fulham as well though. It's hard to focus on after a derby defeat but surely we will pick up the one win we need before the end of the season. Even if we don't know exactly which game it will be now.

The key being that we had Fulham (h) and Sunderland (h) to come. We don't have that anymore and we're still in trouble unless we rectify our abysmal away record.

We need 1 win out of 5, it will happen. We wont go down. Not that its an achievement.

How can you be so sure, have you seen us play lately?

Yes mate, i've seen us play every single game. Try not to be so patronizing.

Ive seen us lose 1 game in 8 at home. We wont lose 5 games in a row no matter how disastrous today was.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I also think we need just one win and we'll get it some how.

I predicted Villa to go down long ago and looking at their remaining fixtures I think that may very well hold true unless they beat Sunderland at home. They've United away next, almost certain to lose that one, then it's their fate decider imo which is mackems at home. If villa do as little as draw that they're in massive trouble because after that they've Norwich away which is likely to be a draw I think and then Chelsea at home. Chelsea will have too many good attacking players for their unreliable defence to handle I think. Then it's their next big game away to Wigan. I watched the game at Villa park and Wigan won it with so much ease, 3-0 it was but so easily could have been more I remember Wigan being denied a clear penalty and everything. I can't see them winning at the DW especially if Wigan still need a point to ensure their safety. Villa also have the worst goal difference of all which may play a big part in their destiny and I wouldn't be surprised if they went down on goal difference.

Of course there is still Stoke who are in the worst form of all now and need at least 4 points from the games at home to Norwich and away to QPR or else they're the ones who are well and truly fucked.

Guest neesy111

7.  Deep in the shit after yesterday.

Biggest load of shite I've seen at NUFC.  Pardew the cockney cunt can piss off all the way back South.

stoke and norwich look our best hopes of staying up imo, stoke seem to be in freefall...don't have a clue where we're going to get any points from - this is not a kneejerk to the derby game either, felt this this for ages as you well know

Well, we've still got 36 of them despite being shit all season. We'll probably manage 3~4 out of the last five somehow.

stoke and norwich look our best hopes of staying up imo, stoke seem to be in freefall...don't have a clue where we're going to get any points from - this is not a kneejerk to the derby game either, felt this this for ages as you well know

Well, we've still got 36 of them despite being shit all season. We'll probably manage 3~4 out of the last five somehow.

We can win one game just by chance tbh. Cabaye might hit a screamer.  The opposition might score an own goal. We might play like dogshit as we have all season but win by  a Ben Arfa wonder goal. I trust in sheer random luck we'll be okay.

I honestly can't see where our next points are coming from. Our away form is absolutely dreadful and our two remaining home games are up there with the hardest we'll have all season. I guess QPR away could possibly be a win, but if they're still in the fight it'll be tough. The worrying thing is that while losing that many games in a row seems a bit OTT, we've been through a very similar spell already this season, plus just look at Stoke.

i hope you're right, when you look at it all we really have left at this stage is blind hope and the possibility that another teams fail is bigger than our fail - didn't work in 2008-2009 mind

it was clear in january pardew wasn't going to get us out of the crisis we were in based on his ability and i firmly believe the same now...any decent manager worth their salt would take that as a wake-up call and totally change their approach for the next game

pardew doesn't have another approach

I'm very worried. I voted 8 on the poll.

Potentially Harper in goal for the remaining 5 games. I can only see us picking up points at QPR. But even that won't be easy. I really hope I'm still just depressed about yesterday and being more pessimistic than usual.