Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

There absolutely has to be a reaction from the derby, so we might get a couple of surprising results.

Exactly, if yesterday can't provoke a reaction with some guilt edged performances over the last 5 games we might as well pack up and go home.

There absolutely has to be a reaction from the derby, so we might get a couple of surprising results.

Exactly, if yesterday can't provoke a reaction with some guilt edged performances over the last 5 games we might as well pack up and go home.

I think it will give us a massive kick up the arse this. With full weeks between games now surely we have got to put in some decent performances which will result in at least one win.

Aye, if we fail to get points out of Liverpool and Arsenal at least we can rest easy, safe in the knowledge our scintillating away form will see us through.

The type of players that'd react to a 'kick up the arse' are the type that wouldn't crumble under the pressure of a derby.

As if they'll give a shit about Pardew giving them a kick up the arse. Our best hope is that they'll play for their own professional pride. These players have shown spirit at times this season, although you wouldn't think it watching yesterday.

Aye, if we fail to get points out of Liverpool and Arsenal at least we can rest easy, safe in the knowledge our scintillating away form will see us through.

:lol:

The type of players that'd react to a 'kick up the arse' are the type that wouldn't crumble under the pressure of a derby.

As if they'll give a s*** about Pardew giving them a kick up the arse.

Like Pardew is even going to do anything man :yao:

Well despite being poor our away form is actually still better than 5 other Premier League teams (seems hard to believe I know..) including Stoke and Norwich, we're joint 12th on current away form.

Well despite being poor our away form is actually still better than 5 other Premier League teams, including Stoke and Norwich (we're joint 12th on away form) :)

Thought we'd lost about 5 off the bounce away from home?

Well despite being poor our away form is actually still better than 5 other Premier League teams, including Stoke and Norwich (we're joint 12th on away form) :)

4 defeats since we won at Villa.

Ah right. What a big win that may turn out to be.

Ah right. What a big win that may turn out to be.

Glad we played Villa when we did tbh.  :lol:

If they can't raise it for the derby game itself, there is absolutely no reason to think that they will suddenly react afterwards.

If they can't raise it for the derby game itself, there is absolutely no reason to think that they will suddenly react afterwards.

I know what you're saying, but now they must be properly embarrassed.

If the smiles at full time are any thing to go by then no.

That and the comments from Pardew about 'making sure it hurts' them.

That and the comments from Pardew about 'making sure it hurts' them.

Pardew should go and hurt himself.

Well that was before they got in the dressing room, and training this week. Anyway, it remains to be seen but I hope that is the reaction.

I want to know who the four people who voted 10 are.

EDIT: In fact, anyone who is over a four is a bloody miserable bastard with his head firmly in the sand regarding how good we and the teams around us are and who probably just wants to be able to say "I told you so" should the worst happen.

EDIT: In fact, anyone who is over a four is a bloody miserable b****** with his head firmly in the sand regarding how good we and the teams around us are and who probably just wants to be able to say "I told you so" should the worst happen.

You really shouldn't have bothered with the edit, it makes you look like a tit.

EDIT: In fact, anyone who is over a four is a bloody miserable b****** with his head firmly in the sand regarding how good we and the teams around us are and who probably just wants to be able to say "I told you so" should the worst happen.

I voted a 5 simply because of our woeful away form and the fact we have two difficult home fixtures.  Liverpool we never get ball all off, Arsenal are playing well so they're a tricky proposition.  We've won one in 16 away from home with 5 draws.  That's 0.5 points per game away from home.

If we get bugger all off Arsenal and Liverpool and our away form continues to, er, form, then we'll get another 1.5 points leaving us on 37-38 points.  That's why I give us 50/50 to go down. 

If we can get anything from one of our home games then I think we should be ok but it's by no means certain and we're still in a very dangerous position.

EDIT: In fact, anyone who is over a four is a bloody miserable bastard with his head firmly in the sand regarding how good we and the teams around us are and who probably just wants to be able to say "I told you so" should the worst happen.

Reading - 4 points

QPR - 0 points so far

Wigan- 3 points

Villa - 1 point

Stoke - 3 points

Sunderland - 4 points :lol:

Norwich - 1 point

West Ham - 3 points so far

Southampton - 3 points

;)

You really shouldn't have bothered with the edit, it makes you look like a tit.

Yep - a pointless and silly comment. People have a right to vote what they like based on their opinion of how the team is playing and the likely results from the teams we have to play.

Based on Sunday's performance, how could anyone see points coming from the home games with Liverpool and Arsenal ? Likewise, based on our appalling away record, how could anyone see points from WBA, W.Ham or even QPR if Remy is in the mood..?

Fortunately, football is not based on logic therefore we have a reasonable chance of getting 4 points from these games ; if we fail, we deserve to go down and in my view, it would be entirely Pardew's fault because of the money spent in Jan and his inability to fashion a decent side from these signings.

It is stupid, though, to deride people who voted higher than 4 - anyone can see we are still in a very dangerous position and the 'teams around us' are mostly in better form than we are.....