Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Burnley and QPR are surely gone, or at least won't catch us.

Can the mackems pick up 6 pts between now and the end of the season? Not impossible

Will Leicester pick up another 5pts - quite likely

Will Hull pick up another 4pts? - doubt it

Will Villa pick up another 3pts? - quite likely.

We are the only team with no fight, no fight at all. With the teams we will surrender points to in our last few fixtures I'd say relegation is highly likely. Cue fire sale and who we will be left with I'm the squad threads. Won't be much different than today's squad minus dejong, Janmaat, kruL, Cabella and perez.

We won't come back up this time.

Burnley and QPR are surely gone, or at least won't catch us.

Can the mackems pick up 6 pts between now and the end of the season? Not impossible

Will Leicester pick up another 5pts - quite likely

Will Hull pick up another 4pts? - doubt it

Will Villa pick up another 3pts? - quite likely.

Sunderland only need 5 pts to catch us, we only have a +2 advantage over them in GD and if they catch us in points, it's highly unlikely we would still be ahead in GD.

Would relegation get rid of Ashley? I don't see how, especially while he's able to coin off the parachute payments.

Would relegation get rid of Ashley? I don't see how, especially while he's able to coin off the parachute payments.

Why would it. The only thing that will hurt Ashley is the club not making him money. Fans will still be out in droves to watch us in the championship again.

Why would it. The only thing that will hurt Ashley is the club not making him money. Fans will still be out in droves to watch us in the championship again.

Exactly, I can't see how anything other than an empty stadium and no season ticket renewals would make him even bat an eye.

If we could be certain of Ashley selling up if we got relegation, I would and probably most sane people on here, pray for relegation. Unfortunately there is not, and he'll expect to bounce back up again, should it happen.

The only real hope we have of Ashley going is a wealthy buyer giving him the price he wants, that buyer won't offer the price for a championship club.

Fact, we would not bounce back.  Terrible squad in the first place. Would only get worse. We really are in the shot, why cannot so man. people see this?

I can understand those thinking a relegation would get rid of Ashley, it won't. I also think we would take along time to recover.

I support the boycott and wanting Ashley out. However I can't support the sentiment of our own fans wanting us to go down. Relegation won't get rid of Ashley, not unless we are down for a good few years. By then it's us who suffers, there is no garuntee of us coming back up. I want Ashley gone, but I want is to win every game we can, ok so this season I'll settle for a few alternative results to send Sunderland down, but not at our expense. A point against Liecester would be good for us, a point to put our head above water and virtually garuntee Premier League football next year, and a point that would hopefully fuck over Sunderland. Ideally we need a win frm somewhere.

I think I'd rather follow my team and support it the way I used to in trying to get out of the 3rd Division without Ashley rather than have no connection whatsoever and passively watch us go through the motions year after year after year with Ashley still here.

I know it's not as easy as that but I want to feel part of Newcastle United again. At the minute I feel nothing, win (:lol:) or lose, and I want that emotion back again regardless of the cost. Not saying I'm actively wanting us to go down but I wouldn't give the first fuck if it happened. Desperate times need desperate solutions.

I support the boycott and wanting Ashley out. However I can't support the sentiment of our own fans wanting us to go down. Relegation won't get rid of Ashley, not unless we are down for a good few years. By then it's us who suffers, there is no garuntee of us coming back up. I want Ashley gone, but I want is to win every game we can, ok so this season I'll settle for a few alternative results to send Sunderland down, but not at our expense. A point against Liecester would be good for us, a point to put our head above water and virtually garuntee Premier League football next year, and a point that would hopefully f*** over Sunderland. Ideally we need a win frm somewhere.

Its not Nufc anymore.  That club disappeared in 2007. Im not arsed what happens to it.

WBA, WHU at home, Leicester and qpr away is the easiest run in any team has, no chance we won't pick up enough points.

Somewhere between 18-50/1 for us to go down, those going for 8 upwards please put your money where you mouth is. Somehow I doubt your concern is that great.

It's hard to say which games will be difficult for the bottom teams. Sunderland have Arsenal and Chelsea to play but both those teams will probably have little to play for when Sunderland play them. It can work both ways, teams with nothing at stake can relax and play with no pressure or they switch off and pull out of challenges not wanting to risk an injury. You can bet Leicester will be fired up to play Nufc. Also, Fat Sam would love to send us down so he'll have West Ham wound up.

Indifferent as to whether Newcastle gets relegated or survive. This doesn't feel like a club anymore. It hasn't felt like a club for a very very very long time. Survival or relegation, as long as Ashley is determined to keep the club, it really doesn't matter where Newcastle is playing.