Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

No need to panic after this. Comfortably controlling the game until the ref screwed us over.

Come on, mate. We didn't come close to scoring against one of the worst defences in the league and once again our hideous central defence was exposed for what it is. We're concede for fun and struggle to break teams down. We're heading for the Championship without significant investment in January.

Mitrovic and Wijnaldum have both come very close to scoring. We've been the better team by miles.

:lol:

It means fuck all when you don't score and constantly gift goals, man. We're 19th for a very good reason.

It's still utter bollocks saying we didn't come close to scoring today.

I was responding to Ash's post (which I quoted, to be fair) which makes reference to us dominating until the sending off. I don't remember a clear cut chance for us in that period.

No need to panic after this. Comfortably controlling the game until the ref screwed us over.

Come on, mate. We didn't come close to scoring against one of the worst defences in the league and once again our hideous central defence was exposed for what it is. We're concede for fun and struggle to break teams down. We're heading for the Championship without significant investment in January.

Mitrovic and Wijnaldum have both come very close to scoring. We've been the better team by miles.

It means fuck all when you don't score and constantly gift goals, man. We're 19th for a very good reason.

I was responding to Ash's post (which I quoted, to be fair) which makes reference to us dominating until the sending off. I don't remember a clear cut chance for us in that period.

Colback's shot was a clear cut chance IMO, should have done better there. Wijnaldum's free kick as well.

We're in the s*** and shouldn't bury our heads.

We're playing a s*** load better than the 5-6 teams around us. We're not safe obviously but I'd take us to finish ahead of half of them.

Only one team has less points than us after 10 games, performances mean jack s*** if you're not converting them into results.

Only five teams have less points than Chelsea after 10 games, they'll still overtake the majority above them. No reason why we won't finish above 3.

We'll pick up plenty of points if we keep playing like Norwich and to some extend today. Obviously this sounds mental after we've lost 3-0 to a s*** team but that wasn't a reflection of the two teams' performances.

You won't keep picking up points if you keep conceding on average over 2 goals per game. Have the team performances going forward picked up in the last games 4 and I won't argue about that -  but they have conceded 13 goals in those games also and you can't keep doing that and expect to stay up.

We're in the s*** and shouldn't bury our heads.

We're playing a s*** load better than the 5-6 teams around us. We're not safe obviously but I'd take us to finish ahead of half of them.

Only one team has less points than us after 10 games, performances mean jack s*** if you're not converting them into results.

Only five teams have less points than Chelsea after 10 games, they'll still overtake the majority above them. No reason why we won't finish above 3.

Again not happen if you keep conceding goals left, right and centre as this team does.

Colback's shot was a clear cut chance IMO, should have done better there. Wijnaldum's free kick as well.

Tonnes of respect for you as a poster, man, but you're clutching at straws big time.

We'll pick up plenty of points if we keep playing like Norwich and to some extend today. Obviously this sounds mental after we've lost 3-0 to a s*** team but that wasn't a reflection of the two teams' performances.

You won't keep picking up points if you keep conceding on average over 2 goals per game. Have the team performances going forward picked up in the last games and I won't argue about that -  but they have conceded 13 goals in those games also and you can't keep doing that and expect to stay up.

Course not, but IMO we won't. It's a prediction like everyone else's. Obviously if we continue to lose games like we have been, we will go down.

Tonnes of respect for you as a poster, man, but you're clutching at straws big time.

Might be a stretching it a tad saying they were clear cut chances, but Colbacks especially is a at least a good opportunity to score once he gets it on his favoured left foot. Doesn't really matter in the end like, we were by far the better team and had loads of attempts, even though most of them were absolute wank.

You won't keep picking up points if you keep conceding on average over 2 goals per game. Have the team performances going forward picked up in the last games and I won't argue about that -  but they have conceded 13 goals in those games also and you can't keep doing that and expect to stay up.

Course not, but IMO we won't. It's a prediction like everyone else's. Obviously if we continue to lose games like we have been, we will go down.

Sorry there is no sign what so ever that we won't stop conceding goals and that's a fact not a prediction or an opinion just look at the league table.

Sorry there is no sign what so ever that we won't stop conceding goals and that's a fact not a prediction or an opinion just look at the league table.

This thread is kind of pointless if all you're allowed to look at is the league table. Then you just need a calculator to decide if we'll stay up.

This thread is kind of pointless if all you're allowed to look at is the league table. Then you just need a calculator to decide if we'll stay up.

So your saying then with you own eyes you can see us stopping conceding goals in the matches if you are can I just say dear me - defensively we are shocking and that is not going to change no matter how many calculators you use.

I can see better performances than at the start of the season, and the potential to win enough games. We could easily have kept a clean sheet today FWIW.

But we didn't we conceded 3 - sorry just don't get your point I can agree that as an attacking unit we have improved but in the last 4 games we have conceded 13 and even in the Norwich game we were lucky to only concede 2. Doesn't matter what whilst you continue to concede goals at the rate we are then you're going to struggle to win matches. With the defenders we have at this club that is just not going to change and the fact that they were not replaced is a damning fault of the board.

Colo, Colback and Wijnaldum all had chances in the first half. The mackems are OK at sitting back, tbh, think we'd have pushed on in the second half.

You maybe right but the point I'm stating is our defense is an accident waiting to happen and 9 times out of 10 it will - all 3 goals were terrible defensively against a team who basically are total shit yet we still press the self destruct button time after time and you just can't keep doing that and I'm totally gobsmacked how some are still saying we will be ok no problem - 22 fucking goals in 10 games man you cannot keep doing that to win matches.

I wouldn't say we 'didn't look like scoring' at all, tbh. Colback had a couple of very decent chances; Gini linked up with Mitro for an effort from outside the box, Mitrovic had half a chance with a header too. None of them were out-and-out scoring chances but you'd expect at least one to be converted.

I go round in circles with the relegation question. Some weeks I think we'll definitely be fine and others I think we're destined for nowhere other than the drop. Honestly don't know tbh.

Nope.

How about the fact you don't get points for keeping the ball, then?

Or that we have the worst defence in the league and haven't scored in half our games? The writing's on the wall. Without investment we're down and out.