Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I cant quite believe that, as shit as we are, a few wins means we`re still in with a realistic chance of survival.

The dejavu of being relegated at Villa park again will be too much to bear this time though & it just seems to me that that fixture comes at exactly the right time for the ultimate humiliation regardless of the schadenfreude it offers.

Yes he is.

Sounds like he's publicly shaming the players to get a rise out of them. Something our current manager is incapable of doing.

love shearer but as always he gives the manager a free ride and puts it all on the players

if a proper manager walked through the door today we'd see a massive change in these players imo

Yes he is.

Sounds like he's publicly shaming the players to get a rise out of them. Something our current manager is incapable of doing.

love shearer but as always he gives the manager a free ride and puts it all on the players

if a proper manager walked through the door today we'd see a massive change in these players imo

Do you think that, because he 'failed' when he managed us.  He doesn't dare criticise the manager?  I always find it odd that he never points out how bad our managers have been.  Either that, or he doesn't want it to be awkward when he bumps into these people in football circles. 

Weird how we've been through dozens of players and two sets of coaching staff and nothing changes (apart from when things get worse). Almost as if the problem goes a bit deeper than who's on the fucking pitch.

Yes he is.

Do you think that, because he 'failed' when he managed us.  He doesn't dare criticise the manager?  I always find it odd that he never points out how bad our managers have been.  Either that, or he doesn't want it to be awkward when he bumps into these people in football circles.

I think a bit of both but maybe it's also because of the type of pro he was that gave everything himself so he simply can't comprehend what he's seeing our shower of shit get away with. Either way it's poor punditry.

Weird how we've been through dozens of players and two sets of coaching staff and nothing changes (apart from when things get worse). Almost as if the problem goes a bit deeper than who's on the fucking pitch.

A transfer policy where you would rather renew the contract of an ageing player than spend money on the centre half you need because it would cost too much is a clue.

Shearer and Keegan both stick up for our managers and it should be expected.  Both have worked for the club, both have been treated s*** by the club and both will expect that the same things are happening to others that happened to them.

Shearer and Keegan both stick up for our managers and it should be expected.  Both have worked for the club, both have been treated s*** by the club and both will expect that the same things are happening to others that happened to them.

Yeah probably that too. Still short punditry when a manager is doing as badly as McClaren is.

Yeah probably that too. Still short punditry when a manager is doing as badly as McClaren is.

He should look further and remember what it was like under Gullit.

He should be unleashing on Ashley, then.  I may be wrong, but he always seems to dig out the players, first.  I know he said the club is a mess from top to bottom.  But if the manager is going to get a free pass, then why aren't the players?  Just focus all your hate on Fat Mike. 

Even if McClaren is fired and replaced with a decent manager, avoiding relegation won't be easy. If they appointed Benitez I wouldn't assume everything will suddenly be fine. It would massively improve our chances though.

Decent manager takes us from 100% certain to 50/50 I reckon, still has the same shite to work with and not much time.

Even if McClaren is fired and replaced with a decent manager, avoiding relegation won't be easy. If they appointed Benitez I wouldn't assume everything will suddenly be fine. It would massively improve our chances though.

Decent manager takes us from 100% certain to 50/50 I reckon, still has the same s**** to work with and not much time.

Sunderland

Norwich

Swansea

Palace

Villa

There's 5 games straight away that a decent manager could get us victories in and quite possibly keep us up in doing so.

It's nowhere near impossible for us to stay up when you look at our remaining games but I think it is if you leave McClaren in charge.

Decent manager takes us from 100% certain to 50/50 I reckon, still has the same s**** to work with and not much time.

Sunderland

Norwich

Swansea

Palace

Villa

There's 5 games straight away that a decent manager could get us victories in and quite possibly keep us up in doing so.

It's nowhere near impossible for us to stay up when you look at our remaining games but I think it is if you leave McClaren in charge.

I know what you're saying, but a new manager would still be inheriting a team with glaring weaknesses and a squad whose spirit is completely broken.