Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Not a bad night all things considered, could have easily ended up in the bottom three after this weekend's fixtures. Considering we were playing Liverpool we were never going to get anything.

West Ham have some nasty fixtures with the exception of Soton and Stoke at home. Playing two fullbacks with a combined age of 70 isn't gonna help the cause.

Unfortunately West Ham also have six out of their last nine fixtures at home. They should get nowt hopefully in their remaining aways though.

Albeit with a three week game between the next two home games we can go a long way to securing survival. Southampton is critical, win that and I think the momentum will carry us through.

I think we have the work ethic and resilience to stay up now like. Actually getting Slimani on then pitch for a few games would do us all a favour too.

Southampton (h) - Massive game, they probably player for player are better than us but we have a far better manager.

Huddersfield (h) - Another massive game, player for player are probably similar to us but we have a far better manager.

Leicester (a) - They're a better side than us but at the stage when we play them they'll already be safe, have nothing to play for and will probably stop giving a f***.

Arsenal (h) - Look terrible right now, club in the colloquial "crisis" as well at the moment but have some top quality players and their record at SJP is pretty much immaculate. I'm with KI on this one though and confident we can nick something against them.

Everton (a) - Fans are against Fat Sam, will probably be safe by the stage where we play them and not giving a f***.

West Brom (h) - May be already relegated by then. Pardew.

Watford (a) - Will probably be safe by the stage where we play them and not giving a f***.

Chelsea (h) - May have a CL spot to play for, may have nowt to play for. Hopefully it's the latter.

Spurs (a) - Think this whenever it will be will be similar to today regardless of our record away against them.

Guest Howaythetoon

Southampton (h) - Massive game, they probably player for player are better than us but we have a far better manager.

Huddersfield (h) - Another massive game, player for player are probably similar to us but we have a far better manager.

Leicester (a) - They're a better side than us but at the stage when we play them they'll already be safe, have nothing to play for and will probably stop giving a f***.

Arsenal (h) - Look terrible right now, club in the colloquial "crisis" as well at the moment but have some top quality players and their record at SJP is pretty much immaculate. I'm with KI on this one though and confident we can nick something against them.

Everton (a) - Fans are against Fat Sam, will probably be safe by the stage where we play them and not giving a f***.

Watford (a) - Will probably be safe by the stage where we play them and not giving a f***.

Chelsea (h) - May have a CL spot to play for, may have nowt to play for. Hopefully it's the latter.

Spurs (a) - Think this whenever it will be will be similar to today regardless of our record away against them.

My prediction...

D

W

L

L

D

D

L

L

6 more points...

West Ham have some nasty fixtures with the exception of Soton and Stoke at home. Playing two fullbacks with a combined age of 70 isn't gonna help the cause.

Burnley, Southampton, Stoke and Everton at home, like. Win 2 of them and they'll be fine.

My prediction...

D

W

L

L

D

D

L

L

6 more points...

And a win against Pards = 9

Guest Howaythetoon

Hopefully and that might be enough, forgot all about them. Can see the cunt sacked Monday mind.

The context being that you overreacted? I think you're still being a bit over the top. Understand where you are coming from, but NUFC is not cursed. We are just a poorly run club, but with an excellent manager that gives us a pretty good chance of staying up.

The bigger question is what happens when if stay up? Safe bet is we lose Rafa anyway. But when there's even a glimmer of hope...

I based a lot of my comments on that first 35 minutes or so and stand by that. Yes I’d rather lose 4-0 trying than 1 or 2-0 and not, but that’s just me. I never once said or damanded we go toe to to with City btw or anyone.

Rafa goes unless we get taken over regardless. His stock will rise even more if he keeps us up ironically so he will be in high demand. Part of me wants us to go down, Rafa goes, fans desert the club and Ashley is left with an empty shell of a club and the fan base mobilise and kick off and truly drive the fat dung out.

We did try...to keep them from scoring.

I think it's madness to prefer getting shelled and giving it a go personally, considering how valuable goal difference can be at the bottom. That's not going down fighting. That's ignoring the bigger picture.

2 wins from our next 2 home games (how many years is it since we managed that?) would basically keep us up.

I'd say all of our remaining games except Spuds away are winnable, problem is we wont win many of them :D

2 wins from our next 2 home games (how many years is it since we managed that?) would basically keep us up.

I'd say all of our remaining games except Spuds away are winnable, problem is we wont win many of them :D

Six months.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought Palace are not going down? :lol: They're certainly not staying up as easily as some people thought.

Weeey, I knew this would happen. The point was that they weren't 'definitely gone' as a few people insisted, not that they weren't going down.

I thought Palace are not going down? :lol: They're certainly not staying up as easily as some people thought.

They definitely shouldn't, the squad is decent.

In all fairness you can say that about all 3 teams in the bottom 3 at them moment. They don't have the 3 worst squads, however they haven't performed. I know from time to time you often get decent squads going down when they shouldn't even be in a relegation battle, but this season could easily be a case of 3 teams like that all going down.

We would likely only need 2-3 wins, if we can get those wins and some draws then we'll stay up comfortably.