Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest firetotheworks

Where are people getting the confidence from that we will beat arsenal? We couldn't even beat Swansea, Brighton or burnley at home or hold on to a 2 goal lead at Bournemouth.  [emoji38]

Them being Arsenal basically - Having a shit away record this season, being bottlers historically, losing or drawing against relegation candidates historically, losing or drawing against relegation candidates this season - five times, that's right - WBA, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, Bournemouth. Them having nothing to play for in the league, being preoccupied with the Europa (their only chance of CL football). Us playing well against them at the Emirates and it being close, us upping our game against bigger teams at home, our game being better suited against teams who actually try against us.

If push comes to shove and we need to win that match, I'd be more confident than I was about us beating Man United, and more confident than in a push comes to shove game at home to Huddersfield.

Worth noting Arsenal have conceded 36 goals this season, we've conceded 38. We're probably going to draw more matches than we win or lose in our run in. As long as it's coupled with a couple of wins we'll be OK as the other teams are shit (as well).

Also, Swansea vs Stoke on the last day of the season. That could be big.

We were literally a couple of minutes away from holding on to a deserved win away from home yesterday and everyone would now be massively confident about staying up.

Well yes, that's the point. We didn't get the job done despite all of that. We've shown we struggle to get the job done and win games even from positions that should be easy to do so. That's why there is real reason to be concerned.

We were literally a couple of minutes away from holding on to a deserved win away from home yesterday and everyone would now be massively confident about staying up.

It's going to be tight but I'm starting to think we'll be okay.

Shelvey was the moment we could have been safe now, im convinced of it.

I think we'll be ok. The way we are playing at the moment, only the liverpool and spurs games are ones i don't think we've a decent chance for a point in. Win three of the eight and we're safe. Two and a few draws we still probably will be.

Guest Howaythetoon

Even if we're overly negative and write off Arsenal and Chelsea at home and even Everton away on top of those two, 9 points from the remaining 5 should just about see us through.

I’d be massively worried if we needed 3 wins from 5 like, massively... hands on heart I think we will go down (just our luck, Slimani, Keeper and Kennedy too little too late and home form etc.), it is touch and go of course and not a given. Hopefully we can collect enough points. I’d say 3-4 more wins would do it, but I can honestly see us not winning another game all season... 2 points dropped yesterday could be very costly along with all hose other dropped points at home! I’m a 6.

41 for 17th, or just us in general? :lol:

I've done the predictor like 10 times in the last couple of weeks and it's never needed more than 37 for the team in 17th.

its based on form and a couple predictors i did , where i had us losing to Man utd.  think we were about 14th

Even if we're overly negative and write off Arsenal and Chelsea at home and even Everton away on top of those two, 9 points from the remaining 5 should just about see us through.

I’d be massively worried if we needed 3 wins from 5 like, massively... hands on heart I think we will go down (just our luck, Slimani, Keeper and Kennedy too little too late and home form etc.), it is touch and go of course and not a given. Hopefully we can collect enough points. I’d say 3-4 more wins would do it, but I can honestly see us not winning another game all season... 2 points dropped yesterday could be very costly along with all hose other dropped points at home! I’m a 6.

All that and you're a 6 :lol:

That was like the build up to Oakie doing the best film ever and giving it like 3/10 years ago :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m a 6 down from a 8 because it’s basically in our hands and this team is fighting and we do have on paper some favourable fixtures.

We've dropped 6 points to goals conceded in the 85th minute or later this season, we'd be 8th had we hung on to them all.

:facepalm: so frustrating! ffs.

Also kind of rediculous if you think of the talent levels we have to work with. Credit to Rafa for keeping this team THAT close.

I don't think any one of those teams fixtures are any "easier" (in theory) than any of the others listed.

Maybe Crystal Palace and Bournmouth have slightly less of the top teams to play but, by the end of the season, or at least with only 4 - 5 games left to play there are generally only a small number of teams at the top with anything to play for.  Brightons run in looks awful....

Man City have the league but, there are 4 - 5 teams playing for the remainder of the top four places.

The bottom of the league is far more interesting this season than ever before...