Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I don't think either miss is that bad in isolation. Shelvey is put under a bit of pressure and the pass wasn't great and Perez' was a breaking ball that he just had to stab his foot at. You would expect to score at least one of them mind

I don't think either miss is that bad in isolation. Shelvey is put under a bit of pressure and the pass wasn't great and Perez' was a breaking ball that he just had to stab his foot at. You would expect to score at least one of them mind

So you think tossing a coin twice doubles your chance of being right? Shelvey should have scored and Perez should have scored. In that they would expect to finish from those positions/circumstances more often than not. I thought Shelvey’s was worse, also the whole hands on knees thing pointed out on MotD looked embarrassing, like he may have been feigning exhaustion because he couldn’t be arsed to chase his man.

Was it Allardyce that said his target in a relegation scrap was to always try to have one more point than games played? It's right, like. That's also bang on where we are now too. Win 1 every 3 games and we're safe.

The same Allardyce who gave Derby nearly half their points in 07/08.

So you think tossing a coin twice doubles your chance of being right? Shelvey should have scored and Perez should have scored. In that they would expect to finish from those positions/circumstances more often than not. I thought Shelvey’s was worse, also the whole hands on knees thing pointed out on MotD looked embarrassing, like he may have been feigning exhaustion because he couldn’t be arsed to chase his man.

The hands on the knee thing looks awful, but wasn't it not long after his lung-busting run into the opposition's box? If Gayle is still on the pitch then Shelvey doesn't have to do that.

Was it Allardyce that said his target in a relegation scrap was to always try to have one more point than games played? It's right, like. That's also bang on where we are now too. Win 1 every 3 games and we're safe.

I’ve been saying this for weeks :thup:: I will panic when we fall 3 or more points behind games played, until then we are on course.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s our home form that worries me where we struggle beat anyone. I’m confident we won’t lose many away, although we won’t win many away.

Where are people getting the confidence from that we will beat arsenal? We couldn't even beat Swansea, Brighton or burnley at home or hold on to a 2 goal lead at Bournemouth.  :lol:

Raising our game against Man Utd and beating them?

Where are people getting the confidence from that we will beat arsenal? We couldn't even beat Swansea, Brighton or burnley at home or hold on to a 2 goal lead at Bournemouth.  :lol:

Because Arsenal and Chelsea are going out of their way to lose silly away games and, if we turn up like the Man Utd game, Arsenal are there to be beaten. Especially if distracted by Europa League.

But yeah, I'm more confident in us away from home but our next two on the road are Liverpool and Spurs. Not good.

Forgot that is our normal service.  :lol:

Because Arsenal and Chelsea are going out of their way to lose silly away games and, if we turn up like the Man Utd game, Arsenal are there to be beaten. Especially if distracted by Europa League.

But yeah, I'm more confident in us away from home but our next two on the road are Liverpool and Spurs. Not good.

I just see manu as an isolated incident and our one off for the season where we beat one of the top 6.

We do tend to raise our game against the better opposition and then mess up in the bread and butter games.

Just because we didn't beat Burnley, Brighton etc doesn't mean we won't beat Arsenal. Us beating Man Utd at home doesn't mean we'll beat WBA at home. Football doesn't work like that. Arsenal have looked really fragile away from home this season

We do tend to raise our game against the better opposition and then mess up in the bread and butter games.

Just because we didn't beat Burnley, Brighton etc doesn't mean we won't beat Arsenal. Us beating Man Utd at home doesn't mean we'll beat WBA at home. Football doesn't work like that. Arsenal have looked really fragile away from home this season

We've collected most of our points from teams around us. This suggests manu was a one off.

We seem to have no answer when a shit team turns up at SJP and puts defence first, that's what worries me about these "winnable" fixtures. If we stop missing so many easy chances and shitting ourselves when trying to hold a lead then we'll OK but that's been characteristic of much of our season.

Even with the addition of Kenedy/Dubravka (and hopefully Slimani) we can win some key home games imo. It's just inexplicable the whole situation with Slimani, unfuckingbelievable; signing an injured ST on the final day of the window.

The performance in the 1st half yesterday was really good, and although we threw it away, it was not the sign of a team going down (but more the one of a bottom half side). As I've said for a while now it will all hinge on Saints/Hudds/WBA at home. Win those 3 and we're safe. Anything less will be cutting it too close.

We were literally a couple of minutes away from holding on to a deserved win away from home yesterday and everyone would now be massively confident about staying up.

It's going to be tight but I'm starting to think we'll be okay.