Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Howaythetoon

My worry is lack of goals and an inability to hold onto a lead... it’s going to be very tight and may go down to the last day.

Hence why the Man City games may be important  :pow:

Or all those dropped points or home defeats...

My worry is lack of goals and an inability to hold onto a lead... it’s going to be very tight and may go down to the last day.

Brighton, Swansea, Huddersfield, Crystal palace and West Brom have all scored less PL goals than us.

Stoke have scored 1 more, and Soton 2 more. You are regularly making points that make NUFC look unique in their struggles, HTT.

I will be surprised if you go down. You are tactically better drilled than most sides I have seen at Anfield this season. You have spirit  and you caactually play 1-2s and get the ball moving forward quickly whenever you feel like it. You might actually be the most organized team ever to fear relegation in the last 10-15 years of premier league football. I feel that you would be competing with Burnley's end of the table with a semi-decent striker.

Obviously, the above post comes with the caveat that I have not watched Newcastle a lot. Good luck with the rest of the campaign.

Guest Howaythetoon

Brighton, Swansea, Huddersfield, Crystal palace and West Brom have all scored less PL goals than us.

Stoke have scored 1 more, and Soton 2 more. You are regularly making points that make NUFC look unique in their struggles, HTT.

I don’t really care about the others, I see where we are coming a cropper and this being NUFC where nothing goes right and everything wrong, it fucking worries me... sorry!

I don’t really care about the others, I see where we are coming a cropper and this being NUFC where nothing goes right and everything wrong, it f***ing worries me... sorry!

You wouldn't be worrying as much if you took your black and white specs off.

Guest Howaythetoon

"I would rather us get smashed and have a go"

Weren't those basically your words after we lost to Man City 1-0? Our GD is not so bad considering.

Add in some context...

Anyway we’ve been over that match. To death.

Lack of goals is a huge worry. The next two games couldn't be bigger...well unless we don't pick up points then the next games after that will be bigger and bigger and bigger and then pointless.

It's in our hands. Shelvey back in and if he plays as he did the last two games will be huge. Hopefully Slimani can make a positive difference.

These 2 home games will shape the season. Two wins and we're on 35 points and almost there. Losing them both would almost certainly see us in the relegation zone and I don't think we'd recover from that. 4 points is an absolute minimum because we don't want to be giving either Southampton or Huddersfield 3 points.

Guest firetotheworks

I will be surprised if you go down. You are tactically better drilled than most sides I have seen at Anfield this season. You have spirit  and you caactually play 1-2s and get the ball moving forward quickly whenever you feel like it. You might actually be the most organized team ever to fear relegation in the last 10-15 years of premier league football. I feel that you would be competing with Burnley's end of the table with a semi-decent striker.

Obviously, the above post comes with the caveat that I have not watched Newcastle a lot. Good luck with the rest of the campaign.

I concur.

Even without that, if matches ended at 85 minutes we'd be 8th, that's how close Rafa is to making what's already a remarkable effort into a remarkable achievement.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t really care about the others, I see where we are coming a cropper and this being NUFC where nothing goes right and everything wrong, it f***ing worries me... sorry!

You wouldn't be worrying as much if you took your black and white specs off.

Eh, we are only a few points off relegation and struggle to score goals and when we do take the lead, struggle to hold out for the win. That and our poor home record and others around us not exactly in free fall :lol:

Hey if you are confident we will stay up, good for you, I’m not. I’m not a 10 or even a 7 now, I’m at a 6. We need 3 wins and a draw IMO and anything else would be a bonus. That would be enough.

The context being that you overreacted? I think you're still being a bit over the top. Understand where you are coming from, but NUFC is not cursed. We are just a poorly run club, but with an excellent manager that gives us a pretty good chance of staying up.

The bigger question is what happens when if stay up? Safe bet is we lose Rafa anyway. But when there's even a glimmer of hope...

Guest Howaythetoon

The context being that you overreacted? I think you're still being a bit over the top. Understand where you are coming from, but NUFC is not cursed. We are just a poorly run club, but with an excellent manager that gives us a pretty good chance of staying up.

The bigger question is what happens when if stay up? Safe bet is we lose Rafa anyway. But when there's even a glimmer of hope...

I based a lot of my comments on that first 35 minutes or so and stand by that. Yes I’d rather lose 4-0 trying than 1 or 2-0 and not, but that’s just me. I never once said or damanded we go toe to to with City btw or anyone.

Rafa goes unless we get taken over regardless. His stock will rise even more if he keeps us up ironically so he will be in high demand. Part of me wants us to go down, Rafa goes, fans desert the club and Ashley is left with an empty shell of a club and the fan base mobilise and kick off and truly drive the fat dung out.

My predictor has Southampton finishing on 34pts, even though I was trying hard to give them credit.

Stoke have 3 winnable home games, just like us. WBA gone.

Outside chance of Brighton or Palace but probably not, whilst the others should be comfortably safe.

Guest Howaythetoon

I can actually see us picking up more away points than home, but can’t see us winning many on the road which again is a huge worry. I’m being ultra negative I know, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t win another game all season or just the one which obviously wouldn’t be enough. The optimist in me thinks we will just scrape it by a point or so but we MUST beat Southampton at home, lose that and it’s looking bleak.

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we drew with Southampton and Huddersfield and everyone accepting our Doom, only to then beat Leicester and Arsenal, before beating West Brom. Whether we pick up the points where we should, or using the NUFC method, I think we'll do it.

KI :thup:

I want to beat Soton, but more so to stop them getting anything meaningful from their easiest remaining game. I would love a win, but even a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

Well, unless you are HTT  ;)

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we drew with Southampton and Huddersfield and everyone accepting our Doom, only to then beat Leicester and Arsenal, before beating West Brom. Whether we pick up the points where we should, or using the NUFC method, I think we'll do it.

I agree this could happen. We would be under so much pressure though, and surely in the bottom three if we don't do well in the two home games this month.