Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I believe we'll stay up. I don't think we'll go down. That's why i'm on a 1.

I appreciate that it could still happen, i just don't think it will. Sat here - right now; i think we'll beat Fulham and that should just about seal it. We'll go into the Villa game with a spring in our step, n'all.

if we win and hull lose on sat......we're pretty much safe

it would meen there would be a 9 goal difference between us, meening they would have to win 5-0 and us to lose 4-0 on the last day

fulham is huge game, very difficult aswell

we are far from safe yet,but we have some hope now....and a little bit of confidence

im still on a 5

Bloody 'ell feel like it should be a 1 but this is Newcastle so it could be a 10 but this is Newcastle so it could be a 1.....I don't know, I just don't know

Get the season over with finish 17th and I will be over the moon or even get this weekend over with..results go for us....aaahhhh bliss

Down from 65% before the weekend to 45% today. If these final two fixtures were played ten times, I don't think Hull would get more points than us in more than three times.

The biggest game this weekend is Hull vs Bolton by a mile.

Which marks the one and only time in the history of football in which that particular fixture will stimulate any interest at all. 

;D

Put it from a 9 to a 6. Cant sway it further towards no chance when we're still so close to the relegation zone. But i really do have a lot more hope now.....fully believe we can get something against Fulham.

Under no circumstances v Fulham do I want to hear that "We are stayin up" song that some charvas were trying to get going yesterday. Thats nowt to sing about ffs.

I know us staying up is more important, but how sweet would it be if both us AND Hull won on Saturday, meaning we were upto 16th, and Sunderland slipping into the bottom three going into their match on the Monday at Portsmouth?

What are you saying man? Why would any Newcastle supporter want Hull to win on Saturday? Do you enjoy being put through the wringer?

If you got your wish and both Hull and Newcastle win on Saturday then we'd be sweating on the mackem's game v Pompey and, more importantly, we could still go down on the last day of the season.

I'd much prefer us to beat Fulham and Hull lose on Saturday to virtually guarantee our Premiership survival, and fuck what the mackem's do, but obviously hoping that they lose both of their games and Hull somehow beat the Mancs' 3rd team on the last day of the season to send the unwashed down.  O0

If West Brom and Boro lose their next match they can't catch us, which makes it nicely between us and Hull.  I've got this nightmare of being down at Villa Park and hearing that Hull have got a goal against Man U, leaving us needing something.

If West Brom and Boro lose their next match they can't catch us, which makes it nicely between us and Hull.  I've got this nightmare of being down at Villa Park and hearing that Hull have got a goal against Man U, leaving us needing something.

Sunderland are not safe yet.

Guest black n white

Down from a 9.9 to a 7.  Anything less would seem to discount the ability of this team to f*** it all up in an amazing and unexpected way. 

Agree with that, word for word.

I believe we'll stay up. I don't think we'll go down. That's why i'm on a 1.

I appreciate that it could still happen, i just don't think it will. Sat here - right now; i think we'll beat Fulham and that should just about seal it. We'll go into the Villa game with a spring in our step, n'all.

:lol:

Hilariously over-optimistic tbh, we're still pretty much shit remember? Despite being an absolutely dreadful team, Boro still were well in the game last night until the last few minutes. If Emnes wasn't a complete disaster of a footballer we'd have been in trouble.

Luckily, Hull are an even worse team right now and are more likely to go down than us, that can't be denied. But Bolton have given up on the season, and I can easily see Hull getting something there if things go their way.

We'll be rejuvinated against Fulham and I think we'll give em a good game, but they're a very well organised side who'll punish us if we're dodgy at the back and will be vastly harder to create chances against than Boro were.

Just hate this attitude some people have adopted now that we've finally eeked out a home win against one of the worst teams in the league, like everything's going to be rosey from here on in.

We're still right down there in the shit, make no mistake about it.

I am not confident at all that we will beat Fulham. They are a quality outfit at the moment and they have to be considered the favourites. It will be a much harder game than the Boro.

However, I think with this confidence we can get a result!

As a side note. Did Martins do his celebrationary backflip last night? I didn't see him do it on the tele but I'm sure I either saw it on highlights OR I dreamt it... Pretty sure I dreamt it.

As a side note. Did Martins do his celebrationary backflip last night? I didn't see him do it on the tele but I'm sure I either saw it on highlights OR I dreamt it... Pretty sure I dreamt it.

Don't think he did it, maybe because he's not 100% fit.

I am not confident at all that we will beat Fulham. They are a quality outfit at the moment and they have to be considered the favourites. It will be a much harder game than the Boro.

However, I think with this confidence we can get a result!

No he ran over and sort of hugged Shearer.

Cool. I've had some weird dreams recently. The night before the game I dreamt that I got a train to St James' park to see the match but I got stuck in a church with a sermon done by my old music teacher. I couldn't get out, fucking scary.

Changed my vote from a 9 to an 8. We could still have a lot to do. Our fate is back in our own hands though and hopefully yesterday's result has restored some confidence.

West Brom and Middlesbrough can get a maximum of 37 point. Hull can get a maximum of 40 points. We can get a maximum of 40 points but our current goal difference over the current bottom 3 is almost like having another point.

Last fixtures: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

bollocks to wanting hull to win just to worry sunderland, we gave up the right to think about taunting any other set of fans very early on in the season. we just need to concentrate on getting safe, which i think we will be, but only by goal difference. i think we'll take one point from the next two games.

Hilariously over-optimistic that i think we'll win a home game against a side that's only won twice away from home all season? :razz:

Hilariously over-optimistic that i think a team that has won 1 in about 20 won't win away at Bolton? :razz:

Fairysnuff. Jesus man... i appreciate that it could happen but i don't think it will. Maybe there needs to be more definitions next to the numbers on the Ometer... but if someone asked me today "do you think Newcastle will go down?" I would say "No." Simple as that really? :undecided: God forbid a bit of rejuvinated hope.