Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'd be really surprised if 3 of QPR, Reading, Sunderland, Aston Villa (all of whom have looked utterly abject this season), Wigan, Southampton, Norwich, Stoke and Swansea didn't finish below us. We've looked disappointing and mediocre at best this season, but we've got players that we know can perform, and in a few of the defeats we've had, we've showed promise.

Eventually we'll be knocked out the Europa League, will make 1 or maybe 2 uninspiring signings in January and finish at a mid-table finish, which will be a massive letdown.

Although results are pretty poor, we are showing some promise and results will pick up, albeit not to the extents we hope. Despite being 4 points off 18th,  we're also only 9 points off 4th.

10th for me, although I put money on 7th at 25-1 the other day.

Still yet to play well for 90mins and it's fucking December. We have looked better the last 2 games but it's too little too late to find any kind of form now going into the next few games where we could play well and lose all of them. Hope to christ we beat Qpr and pick up at least a draw or something elsewhere and then buy some fucking players in January and kick on and start our season fresh from January.

The way it's going it could be like derby where we are QPR's only win of the season or something  :scared:

Oh and i'm actually getting sick of pudits and presenters making excuses for us all the time (injuries,europa league and travel distance. Which was a new one tonight) Just say it like it is. We're shit.

Would take a Joe kinnear type chaos for us to go down i think. Unless ashley does something crazy like allow our best players to leave in January and not replace them or sacks pardew only to bring in a Kinnear type then i think we will have enough to stay up. Just.

Urgh can't believe I'm saying that after finishing 5th last season.

I've never felt about the team this season like I did when we went down. That season it was impending, I knew in my heart it was going to happen. There was so little to cheer or get excited about that I was just waiting for us to exit the division basically.

We haven't been good this season, and results recently have been bad, but I don't feel like that now. We are still showing a little something, and have good enough players who are still trying for the cause, that I don't think we'll go down.

That's the best way I can summarise it really. Obviously we shouldn't pretend it's impossible, but that's my feeling right now.

The thing thats making me worried is that we're losing to teams that we should be getting points off.

Unless we get some results against the top teams in the next few games then we will be in and around the relegation places.

Then the pressure gets cranked up, games become 6 pointers, the crowd gets anxious etc and we don't know how the players or Pardew will react to that.

Guest hydeous

Then the pressure gets cranked up, games become 6 pointers, the crowd gets anxious etc and we don't know how the players or Pardew will react to that.

I'm really really worried about this being true 2 months from now. I'm not worried about relegation now. No way. But if this happens and the pressure climbs, I have a bad feeling we won't fight our way out of it.

Even if we only get 3 points until the new year we're still (just barely) on pace for survival and that's after suffering what will probably be our worst run of the season.

The only realistic chance of us getting relegated at this point is if we sack Pardew and appoint a Kinnear-equivalent.