Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest malandro

I love people on here.

Yesterday: "I'm not bothered if we lose tomorrow, the league is more important".

Today after our defeat: "We are dooooomed!"

That will be down to the manner of our defeat.

I love people on here.

Yesterday: "I'm not bothered if we lose tomorrow, the league is more important".

And, the majority of our squad today was youngsters, quite a few of them have been deemed not good enough for us by people on here, Brighton are doing well in the Championship, play youngsters who play at League 1 or Championship level against a decent Championship team and there is going to be problems. This result and performance today has no reflection on our first team and it's ability, the same as it didn't last year when they beat us when we had more first team members playing in that one.

I love people on here.

And, the majority of our squad today was youngsters, quite a few of them have been deemed not good enough for us by people on here, Brighton are doing well in the Championship, play youngsters who play at League 1 or Championship level against a decent Championship team and there is going to be problems. This result and performance today has no reflection on our first team and it's ability, the same as it didn't last year when they beat us when we had more first team members playing in that one.

It wasn't that far off a first team tbh.

Home games left

Reading

Chelsea

Southampton

Stoke City

Fulham

Sunderland

Liverpool

Arsenal

So 3 games we'll probably lose and a derby game. Down to 4 home matches.

Four fucking matches.

I love people on here.

Elliot, Perch (arguably), Tavernier, Bigi, Abeid, Anita (arguably), Obertan (arguably).

Guest malandro

I love people on here.

Fair points, but the performance is a reflection on our manager's ability though.

I'd be very surprised if we went down. We have enough good players to mask Pardew's glaring inadequacies.

I love people on here.

Fair points, but the performance is a reflection on our manager's ability though.

I'd be very surprised if we went down. We have enough good players to mask Pardew's glaring inadequacies.

No doubt we are in relegation battle, again I agree we have good enough players to mask our managers cluelessness, but we can't look too much into today's game, learn lessons from it yes.

I love people on here.

Elliot, Perch (arguably), Tavernier, Bigi, Abeid, Anita (arguably), Obertan (arguably).

I know what the team was, thanks. The fact that you're including a player we paid £7m for from Ajax, the only player we thought we needed to improve the squad, rather derails your point.

Home games left

Reading

Chelsea

Southampton

Stoke City

Fulham

Sunderland

Liverpool

Arsenal

Four fucking matches.

Really hits home that, we're in serious shit. :undecided:

Home games left

Reading

Chelsea

Southampton

Stoke City

Fulham

Sunderland

Liverpool

Arsenal

Four fucking matches.

That's why I think we'll go. For all the talk of how shit the teams below us are, they'll all pick up points that the Pools Panel won't necessarily expect them to. We won't, we haven't all season.

Plenty of people on here will still be happy with that because it's always "God who do you think we are? Why do you think we have a divine right to get anything off *insert any team here that isn't in the relegation zone*"

Home games left

Reading

Chelsea

Southampton

Stoke City

Fulham

Sunderland

Liverpool

Arsenal

Four fucking matches.

That's why I think we'll go. For all the talk of how shit the teams below us are, they'll all pick up points that the Pools Panel won't necessarily expect them to. We won't, we haven't all season.

Plenty of people on here will still be happy with that because it's always "God who do you think we are? Why do you think we have a divine right to get anything off *insert any team here that isn't in the relegation zone*"

We are coming into the 2nd half of the season, form changes, teams doing well do bad, teams that were doing bad start picking up points.

Home games left

Reading

Chelsea

Southampton

Stoke City

Fulham

Sunderland

Liverpool

Arsenal

Four fucking matches.

And therein lies the problem - we have not beaten a team we weren't expected to beat in fucking eons. The Mackems turned over Citeh, QPR beat Chelsea and the others all do the same and we just don't even look like it.

Unless this changes and we find some belief from somewhere, we are seriously doomed.

Guest malandro

I love people on here.

I know what the team was, thanks. The fact that you're including a player we paid £7m for from Ajax, the only player we thought we needed to improve the squad, rather derails your point.

Anita is the only player who started today that would make our first choice starting eleven if all our first choice players were fit, which they should be by the end of the month. We might well be in the bottom three by then but will have the quality to get out of trouble.... subject to any AP induced disasters.

I love people on here.

Anita is the only player who started today that would make our first choice starting eleven if all our first choice players were fit, which they should be by the end of the month. We might well be in the bottom three by then but will have the quality to get out of trouble.... subject to any AP induced disasters.

Santon?

Perch and Williamson have played nearly every game and I suspect there'll be at least one of them in every game we play from now on. No point talking about "when we have all our first choice players back" because how often does that happen in the Premier League in the modern game?

Perch and Williamson have played nearly every game and I suspect there'll be at least one of them in every game we play from now on. No point talking about "when we have all our first choice players back" because how often does that happen in the Premier League in the modern game?

Quite correct and we're not the only fuckers with injuries. The root cause of this problem is having a tiny squad, not a few people injured.

If you replace a quality purple with a diarrhea brown then things are gonna be shit. Go figure.

So agree  i think we are starting to appear like whingers !!  We have had a lot of injuries but hey you have to get on with it ... We all know our first eleven is premiership quality but as the above said we should have some sort of resilience at the club

not that often- this holy grail of all players to choose from may happen 3 games over the rest of the season and we may lose all three,  we got to put an 11 out thats capable every game.