Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

But we are picking up points. We're just inconsistent. As for the ' can't see where our next points are coming from' theory, surely the mackems and stoke thought the same until the last 2 weekends, after being on terrible runs. Still feel constantly nervous thinking about how things will pan out though. Maybe i'm just trying to convince myself.

Sunderland got rid of the negativity within the club when they sacked the manager, we haven't done that.

I saw it as a gamble more than anything. Admittedly it looks to have worked for them.

But we are picking up points. We're just inconsistent. As for the ' can't see where our next points are coming from' theory, surely the mackems and stoke thought the same until the last 2 weekends, after being on terrible runs. Still feel constantly nervous thinking about how things will pan out though. Maybe i'm just trying to convince myself.

Sunderland got rid of the negativity within the club when they sacked the manager, we haven't done that.

I agree,  but although it seems to have paid off for them, it was a massive gamble. Regardless of  what we think of pardew, I personally wouldn't want us to change managers at such a late stage. As Shearer proved,  a new boss, late on doesn't always work.

I saw it as a gamble more than anything. Admittedly it looks to have worked for them.

I knew it would work short term and that's what they were looking for, they had a problem, they recognised it and they acted on it.  This time next year may be different but for now it's worked.

I agree,  but although it seems to have paid off for them, it was a massive gamble. Regardless of  what we think of pardew, I personally wouldn't want us to change managers at such a late stage. As Shearer proved,  a new boss, late on doesn't always work.

It wasn't much of a gamble because they would have gone down if they hadn't acted.

9. Our only hope is Wigan don't do their usual great escape.

Come on man, we are 6 points above (7 with goal difference) with 4 games to play. Wigan have just been beaten off west ham away and still have Spurs, Arsenal and Villa to play.

They have a game in hand we are not looking like we'll pick up any points with the way we're playing. Like I said it's all reliant on them not being good enough as we're clearly incapable of helping ourselves.

To me Sunderland and West Brom were the games I saw us possibly getting wins from. Now we have two extremely hard home games and we've only won 1 away game all year. It's very hard to see where the points will come from especially with teams below us showing their ability to pick up points home or away. Only QPR maybe if their mercenaries are already on holiday mode.

Well I'm in agreement with you. I am starting to think we will be relying on other teams to dig us out of this shit rather than us getting the results ourselves. Most other are also in the same boat it seems as everyone is looking at Wigan/Stoke or Norwich's fixtures to provide the most convincing scenarios for our safety. Utter disgrace tbh.

It wasn't much of a gamble because they would have gone down if they hadn't acted.

100% believe this

Need a win against Liverpool otherwise anxiously keeping an eye on Wigans results as I cant see us getting anything at West Ham and I see a draw more likely than a win at QPR. Hopefully Hanibal the Cannibal will be starting a lengthy ban come saturday which will make me feel more hopeful.

Can't see us beating Liverpool TBH, even without Suarez. They seem to be functioning pretty well at the moment, Sturridge will surely get at least one.

In my heart of hearts I agree. With Wigan playing West Brom and Swansea, games i can see them clawing back the six points between us and Villa at home to Mackems then Norwich away we have got to go for it. The question is i suppose will we?  Very pessimistic at the moment.

History should have taught us that those 'winnable games' don't normally end up in points on the board though.

Playing a team just after they've been relegated is quite often a banana skin as well.

Just like the fact that we've only won one away game does not mean that we won't win another one, especially when the teams we've got left to play away are West Ham and QPR.

Well, you couldn't wish for a shitter team to play, so I'm content to take my chances. Nothing's guaranteed obviously.

I don't think we've got a great record at Loftus Road. If we come back with a point we'll have done well IMO, especially with Remy looking on fire. A point there, one at West Ham, and maybe another one somewhere might just be enough.

Well, you couldn't wish for a shitter team to play, so I'm content to take my chances. Nothing's guaranteed obviously.

I don't think we've got a great record at Loftus Road. If we come back with a point we'll have done well IMO, especially with Remy looking on fire. A point there, one at West Ham, and maybe another one somewhere might just be enough.

That only leaves v Liverpool and arsenal to get the other one somewhere

Think it will tbh, but i reckon we will get a win against West Ham or QPR and i can't see Wigan ( who i think will go) will be able to get to 40 points.

100% believe this

Spot on, they headed into oblivion with good old Marty. however this upturn is remarkably similar to when Marty first arrived

Few of my mackem mates at work reckon this aswell like, say they were 100% gone. I actually thought they would have scraped over the line but I don't watch them on a weekly basis like them. They also say they would have been beaten opponents before a ball was kicked in the derby, no matter how bad we were.

The main thing is that Di Canio has them attacking at least and looking to score. An attribute highly rare under MON.

Is it more than just having them more motivated? Honest question.

Nope, he actually has changed some things tactically too. They press higher and get more players forward when in possession. ( two things i wish Pardew would do also)

I assume you are talking about Di Canio yes?

Is it more than just having them more motivated? Honest question.

Nope, he actually has changed some things tactically too. They press higher and get more players forward when in possession. ( two things i wish Pardew would do also)

I assume you are talking about Di Canio yes?

Yes, wondering whether he's actually done anything other than get them to be more energetic.

That aswell, but they look more dangerous already. Clearly shifted their stance in games.

That said, I still say they were there for the taking when we played them. Our approach to the game was criminal and they capitalised.

That aswell, but they look more dangerous already. Clearly shifted their stance in games.

That said, I still say they were there for the taking when we played them. Our approach to the game was criminal and they capitalised.

Of course, we probably would have done if Cisse's goal was allowed but alas that is gone now.

The disallowed goal was terrible but we've had loads of fortune all season really. Nufc.com had it down spot on - said luck runs out. We've had plenty and that was the game it ran out on. Inevitable really.