Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest TheGreatBeardo

We're still 10/1 to get relegated. Bookies reckon 9 out of every 10 times we'd get out of this. I just can't get my head around that. It literally feels like it's in the balance, could go either way.

The number of times I have visited oddschecker is crazy. I have no intention of actually putting a bet on, I just look at the screen and say to myself "the bookies are usually right" over and over in my head.

I think it's probably 60/40 that we will go down right now. I expect Wigan to put in similar performances to their match vs Spurs - which they deserved to win.

Injuries and fatigue with the Cup final won't be as much of a problem for them either I'd expect, as Martinez has instilled a philosophy and ethos about how they play which isn't based on specific personnel. They also look very hungry.

Moe: Okay, you're fighting a guy named Boxcar Bob.

Homer: Brawled his way up from the boxcars, did he?

Moe: Uh, no, not yet, he still lives at the trainyard.  But he's a hungry young fighter.  In fact, he's actually fighting for a sandwich.

We're still 10/1 to get relegated. Bookies reckon 9 out of every 10 times we'd get out of this. I just can't get my head around that. It literally feels like it's in the balance, could go either way.

I imagine the bookies will have us heavy favorites to beat QPR which would see us save. Wether that actually happens or not tho

Problem with the bookies is they'll be adjusting their odds based on what people are slinging their money at.  Few people outside NUFC fans seem to truly grasp how absolutely dire we are so there likely won't be too much going on us which will keep the odds up.

I'd price us at around 2/1, Villa evens and Wigan 1/2 as things stand now.  Can't see any further than us 3 teams for that last trapdoor spot.

Guest icemanblue

As shit as we feel right now, it'll be worse next Monday after we've had West Ham and Villa/Wigan have had easy wins.

I'd rather stay remotely (blindly?) optimistic that we'll get something from the game, and not think of that just yet.

As s*** as we feel right now, it'll be worse next Monday after we've had West Ham and Villa/Wigan have had easy wins.

I'd rather stay remotely (blindly?) optimistic that we'll get something from the game, and not think of that just yet.

Villa and Wigan both have much more fight and desire than us currently so I could see them winning the next games against Norwich and West Brom. Thankfully atleast West Brom seem to have hit some form again and Norwich won't roll over at home as their not safe just yet. A point at West Ham would feel like a win.

The key game for us is QPR away as I can't see us getting anything at West Ham and well if we go into the Arsenal match needing a result............lets not even go there

I was first worried when we got slaughtered by Arsenal. Not normal.

What happend on Saturday made me frigthened to hell.

We're really looking poor. Completley unable to deal with the pressure, no fight.

Fucking relegation again? With this team? Biggest travesty in the history of English football if it happens. Fucking miracle.

Wigan only have 2 more points than us over the course of the last 10 games. They havent won in their last 4 (City, Spurs, QPR and West Ham).

Lets not kid ourselves, they might have fight in them but right now I'd much rather have the points in the bag. Their run in is still pretty tricky too - Swansea, WBA, Arsenal and Villa.

We're in the shit but Wigan still have work to do. One win for us and we'll be safe.

As shit as we feel right now, it'll be worse next Monday after we've had West Ham and Villa/Wigan have had easy wins.

Totally agree with this. I'm wildly or blindly optimistic that we'll get a result at West Ham. I'm trying not to factor in the Pardew effect mind.

We cant be down though until Wigan get more points. We still have a cushion....

if they tie us or get more points, we are screwed, as I cannot see us going above 37 points right now.

Just have to pray Arsenal have nothing to play for, and QPR send out a youth team

Guest icemanblue

Barton's craic on Twitter last night gives me a bit more hope too. If it really is that much of a mess at QPR then I can't see them putting up much of a fight now they're confirmed as down. Their highly paid bunch will be wanting to avoid injury ahead of looking for a new club. If we can get at them (the biggest of ifs) and score early, I think they'll fold like a deck of cards. Checkmate.

I just can't see where we will get points and I can see Wigan getting a couple of wins from last few games. I think Wigan will get to 38 as will villa and we will be down on 37. In theory 2 draws would be enough as them two play each other, relying on the scum to get a win/point tonight

QPR is a tricky one to predict though.  They've been relegated so they might not give a shit but it's also their last home game so they might want to go out on a high for the fans.  Depends on whether Saggy Chops can motivate them I suppose.

Incredibly nervous now and have been for most of the year. It just seems written in the stars that we'll be battling Arsenal on the last day needing a win to stay up.

Quite how Pardew has contrived to take a team littered with internationals to this point is beyond me.

I accept the 'Ashley/Boards Lack of Backing over the Summer' arguments completely but there's genuinely no plausible excuse for the nature of these performances nor the results.

The lack of heart, fight, desire is frightening, the lack of momentum and form hugely concerning and the overall lack of application from the top down somewhat baffling.

I genuinely do not see where the next point is coming from and fully expect Wigan to pick up one win which is enough to give them hope.

QPR is a tricky one to predict though.  They've been relegated so they might not give a shit but it's also their last home game so they might want to go out on a high for the fans.  Depends on whether Saggy Chops can motivate them I suppose.

I'm taking heart from the fact he couldn't motivate them when they still desperately needed points. There are no easy games, but if you need a win then generally QPR is the team you would choose to play.

The most annoying thing, amongst many, is that a draw against the Mackems would've halted the Di Canio momentum and pretty much made us safe/less exposed.

I should imagine Ashley is absolutely livid that he's been essentially forced to spunk £20m or whatever in January in order to 'guarantee' safety/progress and, in reality, we seem to have regressed.

More players, better quality, more depth = Regression. How is that even possible?

Can't see us getting another point Carroll n Nolan to torture us for hammers pressure off QPR and Remy is nailed on to score and arsenal at home last no chance

My current mindset is exactly the same.