Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Don't think we'll go down but wouldn't surprise me by any means. Think we'll scrape past QPR and that will be enough. Can't see us getting anything from the other two games like. Horrendous season, just want it to be over.

I know you make your own luck, we've been crap, etc...but I hope that Wigan away game where their second goal shouldn't have counted doesn't bite us on the arse. Three point swing right there.

If we do go down it will not be because of what happened during 1 game, we've had all season to get points.

I know you make your own luck, we've been crap, etc...but I hope that Wigan away game where their second goal shouldn't have counted doesn't bite us on the arse. Three point swing right there.

If we do go down it will not be because of what happened during 1 game, we've had all season to get points.

Not disagreeing, but that shouldn't have stood so Wigan should have 2 points fewer, we should have 1 more. There'll no doubt have been games where we got an iffy decision to balance out, but that goal might be the key difference.

Could quite easily see us doing a Wolves if we went down. Krul, Colo, MYM, Debuchy, Cabaye, Santon, Tiote, Sissoko, Cisse, HBA, Marv, would all be on their way. We'd have to pretty much build another side.

Most irksome is the fact that the last time we went we had a chance to purge the team of the shite and the mercenaries, Duff, Beye, etc. This time we'd ironically be getting shot of the most talented squad of players we've had in a while. Fucking Pardew, man. Incompetent cunt.

Guest icemanblue

Yesterday was the first time I could realistically see us going down. It's a genuine concern, but it's still in our hands. At this point, I'm praying for a win in one of our away games.

Could quite easily see us doing a Wolves if we went down. Krul, Colo, MYM, Debuchy, Cabaye, Santon, Tiote, Sissoko, Cisse, HBA, Marv, would all be on their way. We'd have to pretty much build another side.

Most irksome is the fact that the last time we went we had a chance to purge the team of the s**** and the mercenaries, Duff, Beye, etc. This time we'd ironically be getting shot of the most talented squad of players we've had in a while. f***ing Pardew, man. Incompetent c***.

It's pretty upsetting :(

Yesterday was the first time I could realistically see us going down. It's a genuine concern, but it's still in our hands. At this point, I'm praying for a win in one of our away games.

Aye, this relegation threat popped up from nowhere like!* :laugh:

* - KIDDING, just in case you get your knickers in a twist ;)

I too am investing my hopes in the away games. One more win would do it. The tide has turned very quickly on Pardew (on the forum anyway). I guess being danger at the business end of the season/derby loss/massive defeats will do that though.

What's our record for goals conceded? Must be in with a chance of beating it.

1985-86.

We shipped 72 but that was from 42 games. '89 was close too shipping 63 in 38 games. We finished bottom and well adrift that season.

1985-86.

We shipped 72 but that was from 42 games. '89 was close too shipping 63 in 38 games. We finished bottom and well adrift that season.

willie mcfaul Manager during both them seasons?

We've never let this many in since the Premier League started. You have to go back to 1991-1992 when we finished 20th in the old second division for the last time we conceded more (84).

Most irksome is the fact that the last time we went we had a chance to purge the team of the shite and the mercenaries, Duff, Beye, etc. This time we'd ironically be getting shot of the most talented squad of players we've had in a while. Fucking Pardew, man. Incompetent cunt.

True, but did we ever truly build a PL squad? Too much of the dross that played for us in the Championship are still getting games for us.

The players we were hoping to move on (e.g. Gosling, Obertan, Williamson) or loan out (e.g. Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi, Tavernier) will become our first team squad if we are relegated.

Our only hopes are that QPR's players don't give a shit in their game against us and the failings of Aston Villa and Wigan.

Post-war (67 seasons) this is already our 19th worst defensive showing in any league. At home it's our joint-10th worst.

Pardew says we've been strong at home though, so it's all good.

IMO more players would stay than you'd think if we were relegated, but only because we're terrible pessimists and assume that everyone even slightly useful would fuck off.

Lot of players we thought had no chance of keeping stayed last time around. (Colo, Enrique, Jonas) Some who we thought wouldn't get a chance anywhere else were bought for money (Duff, Edgar)

Things rarely go as expected.

Post-war (67 seasons) this is already our 19th worst defensive showing in any league. At home it's our joint-10th worst.

Pardew says we've been strong at home though.

Shape. Organisation. Discipline.

The cornerstones of Pardew's footballing philosophy (sic). :lol: