Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

After tomorrow, Villa have a 6 pointer at Carrow Road next week then Chelsea at home before the showdown with Wigan. Not a nice run in - especially if they lose tomorrow.

On the bright side, we seem to play much better away from home than we do at home.

Norwich are turbo shit really, just decently organised because they have no attacking threat. Wouldn't be at all surprised if you beat them

It depends what side of Birmingham you are from.

Villa - Albion is the original traditional hatred, as the teams go back longer than Blues do. However, these days, it is really about the north side of Brum, as there are both Villa and Albion fans living in the same areas there.

I was brought up on the south side of the city, and as a result, never ever met an Albion fan, whereas I shared my living space with plenty of Blues fans, and they are the club I loathe.

The midlands has some odd rivalries. Albion and Wolves hate each other, but there's next to no ill feeling between Wolves and Villa. Coventry absolutely loathe Villa, but Villa fans wil genuinely give as much of a shit about them as we do Northampton Town, ie none.

After tomorrow, Villa have a 6 pointer at Carrow Road next week then Chelsea at home before the showdown with Wigan. Not a nice run in - especially if they lose tomorrow.

On the bright side, we seem to play much better away from home than we do at home.

Norwich are turbo shit really, just decently organised because they have no attacking threat. Wouldn't be at all surprised if you beat them

We will win there. I am sure of that. I think we'll win tomorrow night, too, but if i had to stake money one that one or the Norwich match as a win for us, I'd go Norwich.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

It depends what side of Birmingham you are from.

Villa - Albion is the original traditional hatred, as the teams go back longer than Blues do. However, these days, it is really about the north side of Brum, as there are both Villa and Albion fans living in the same areas there.

I was brought up on the south side of the city, and as a result, never ever met an Albion fan, whereas I shared my living space with plenty of Blues fans, and they are the club I loathe.

The midlands has some odd rivalries. Albion and Wolves hate each other, but there's next to no ill feeling between Wolves and Villa. Coventry absolutely loathe Villa, but Villa fans wil genuinely give as much of a s*** about them as we do Northampton Town, ie none.

Yeah It's bizzare. Genuinely from what I've seen around my social age group 25-27, it seems the hatred is from Baggies but Villa don't seem that bothered. Blues/Villa is the one I've seen most of. Like you say Wolves/Villa just doesn't seem to have anything in it.

It's easy to see why they show Villa the most hate. Villa are the biggest and most successful of all them the most to be jelous about. It's the same reason Boro hate us more than the Mackems, we're the biggest club of all the NE rivals and most successful etc so they're bound to be more jelous of us and show more hate as a result.

On the subject of relegation, I am sad to see Wolves in the state they are in, especially given their manager is one of my favourite ever Villa players.

It scares the shit out of me when I think about relegation, and what can actually happen, when you just assume you'd bounce back up.

On the subject of relegation, I am sad to see Wolves in the state they are in, especially given their manager is one of my favourite ever Villa players.

It scares the shit out of me when I think about relegation, and what can actually happen, when you just assume you'd bounce back up.

We were unbelievably fortunate that we had a core of players who stuck with us and brought us back up. I've no doubt if we went down this season, we'd need a whole new squad, as most of our current squad will be off.

That said most of Wolves' squad have stayed by the looks of things, they're just rotten to the core.

i can't help but think back to the Wigan away game,  not so much the Hadaira tackle which should have seen a red which probably would have seen a different game but the handball that the officials missed is so costly to us.  We would be now sitting with 38 points but Wigan would be stuck on 30.  8 points clear with them playing Villa last game would surely have seen us safe now.

Was saying yesterday that the last minute own goal could have pretty much sealed Wigan's fate, but it's easy to forget they have a game in hand - against Swansea at home IIRC. Win that and it's all fun and games.

Was saying yesterday that the last minute own goal could have pretty much sealed Wigan's fate, but it's easy to forget they have a game in hand - against Swansea at home IIRC. Win that and it's all fun and games.

With the emphasis on fun.

With the emphasis on fun.

And gay

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62148.0.html

Couldn't really comprehend that at the time, but our squad was littered with spineless, talentless cunts, the season was utter turmoil from start to finish on and off the pitch and we had about four different managers. We were relegated, it was actually unbelievable.

If Pardew takes this lot down then he should never be able to set foot within 100 miles of Newcastle ever again. The club could be ruined for good this time.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62148.0.html

Couldn't really comprehend that at the time, but our squad was littered with spineless, talentless cunts, the season was utter turmoil from start to finish on and off the pitch and we had about four different managers. We were relegated, it was actually unbelievable.

If Pardew takes this lot down then he should never be able to set foot within 100 miles of Newcastle ever again. The club could be ruined for good this time.

I can't fucking cope with that again. I've genuinely been losing sleep over the prospect of relegation for months now.

Was going to start a 'where were you' thread for the last relegation but thought it'd be a bit daft. Might as well go in here.

I was at work getting texts off my mate while hiding in the corner behind all the rug racks (dunelm mill). Ended up hearing it from some customer so ran up to him and asked. Hadn't experienced that level of guttedness and haven't since. Gary Speed and wor Bobby ran it close, mind.

Where were you?

I think we'd be f***ed this time round if we go down, just don't think we'd have the characters needed to take the season by the scruff of the neck.

Don't think the fans would have the appetite either, we still got brilliant crowds in the championship but it would just feel like a different prospect this time round.

:jesuswept:

Ugh. There was something vaguely liberating about being at Villa that day, we did ourselves proud in the face of the most ludicrous shite all season.

This season feels totally different. Like it's drifted through the cracks one by one without any resistance from anywhere despite there being obvious fixes all over the shop. Christ.

Relegation would bother me a lot more this time. It was coming all season last time, the whole club was rotten to the core, I was happy to hate the ownership and players, and to be defiant as a fan, and to some extent I was looking forward to the Championship. This would undo all the positives that came from that, would be such a waste of a talented team. And one relegation/bounce back is a character-building blip, this'd almost make us a f***ing yoyo club.I don't know how many people have the energy to do it all again, it was a novelty last time.

And I was at Villa Park, and it was amongst the proudest I've been to be a Newcastle fan.

This time will be much worse. The fact that we're plummeting into potential oblivion solely to save the job of a friend of the owner makes me feel utterly sick. We could have made that change at any point this season and been safe as houses.

I'm trying to convince myself that we'll at the very least get something down at QPR. Makes it easier to sleep.

Between the relegation clauses, loans and general mercenaries, one can't imagine that there's going to be a great deal of will in that squad to put up much of a fight, but then we can't underestimate just how low our squad is and what the fuck the idiot in charge will tell them before the game, plus the away factor. God it's going to be torture.

Guest Rey Mysterio

We're still 10/1 to get relegated. Bookies reckon 9 out of every 10 times we'd get out of this. I just can't get my head around that. It literally feels like it's in the balance, could go either way.

We're still 10/1 to get relegated. Bookies reckon 9 out of every 10 times we'd get out of this. I just can't get my head around that. It literally feels like it's in the balance, could go either way.

I'm very surprised the odds are as long as they are. Out of the three teams, Wigan and Villa are both in decent form (relatively speaking) and look more than capable of winning games, where we just don't at all.